This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Catching a key in EVC++

Catching a key in EVC++

Postby Jay » Apr 3, 2001 @ 8:19am

Ok, I have a question.  In EVC++ how do I make it so that it does something when I press the rocker up(0x26) on my Jornada?
Jay
pm Member

Re: Catching a key in EVC++

Postby Jaybot » Apr 3, 2001 @ 8:25am

Um, could you make that a bit clearer?  What is the something that you want to do with the key 0x26?
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Jay » Apr 3, 2001 @ 8:48am

I'm just going to have it change some variables when it is pressed.
Jay
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 3, 2001 @ 9:22am

The rocker is the up and down key. It's identical to that and can not be coded seperate from it. So the Up and Down key on the D-Pad are duplicated by the rocker.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 3, 2001 @ 9:24am

Oh, did you want the code? Here's a case that should do it:<br><br>               case WM_KEYDOWN:<br>                     vkKey = (short)wParam;<br>                     if (vkKey == g_gxkl.vkUp) {<br>                           //stuff<br>                           break;<br>                     }<br>                     <br>                     if (vkKey == g_gxkl.vkDown) {<br>                           //stuff<br>                           break;<br>                     }<br>                     <br>               case WM_KEYUP:<br>                     vkKey = (short)wParam;<br>                     if (vkKey == g_gxkl.vkUp) {<br>                           //stuff<br>                           break;<br>                     }<br>                     <br>                     if (vkKey == g_gxkl.vkDown) {<br>                           //stuff<br>                           break;<br>                     }<br><br>//WM_KEYUP detects when a key is released.<br>//WM_KEYDOWN detects when a key is pressed.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 3, 2001 @ 9:25am

Doh, I always forget the includes and defines:<br><br>#include "gx.h"<br>GXKeyList g_gxkl;              // GX struct<br><br>#define WM_KEYDOWN                      0x28<br>#define WM_KEYUP                        0x26
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Apr 3, 2001 @ 1:05pm

thats why he's asking moose, the jornadas have no d-pad.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 4, 2001 @ 2:36am

Well, as I said The rocker is only the up and down key, on all devices. So just use the up and down key tests I provided.
Moose or Chuck

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions