This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

eMb Visual Tools compatability

eMb Visual Tools compatability

Postby EmXtrix » Apr 15, 2001 @ 11:43pm

I downloaded eMb Visual Tools from Microsoft. I read that it IS compatable with Windows 98 Second Edition (which is what I have). However, when I extracted the file, it gave me an error about "mdac" or something of that sort. Then when I tried to run setup it told me there were missing STF files (for example: ce98pro.stf). What should I do about this?
EmXtrix

Re: eMb Visual Tools compatability

Postby Jaybot » Apr 16, 2001 @ 2:20am

I know this might sound painful, but the same thing happened to me.. and unfortunately it was the file being corrupted/truncated from trying to download it using getright too many times... and well, you're either going to have to re-downlaod it or just pay the lame 8 bucks for (shipping?  since when does shipping a couple cd's in a cardboard-slip package cost 8 bucks? tha's bullsh*t) and have it sent to you in the mail.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby JcDenton999 » Apr 25, 2001 @ 2:22pm

That stupid app is bullshit! i downloaded it and installed it on my WinME! while installing it suddenly says "emulation doesn't work in win98, it won't be installed"!<br>then i installed it on my win2k and now all that is working is that damn emulator!<br>if i start EVB and EVC it says<br>"Object library not registered"<br>and then i cant do anything! simply nothing!<br>does anybody know a solution? i already registered all dlls manually using regsvr32 but it still dont work! <br>is there a way to register *.OLB files? seems that they are those object librarys! thx
JcDenton999

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 25, 2001 @ 3:32pm

That happened to me, just uninstall, restart the computer, and close ALL programs. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and close everything but Explorer and SysTray. THEN, and only then, should you reinstall. It needs to update a file that is used by lots of programs, so if you have a program running that uses it it can't update it. Or something<br>And it says the emulation doesn't work in 9x, only 2k. But emulation is basically useless, it doesn't emulate any device near how an actual device operatoes. I just think the emulator is a CE frontend for W2k.
Moose or Chuck

Postby JcDenton999 » Apr 26, 2001 @ 9:36am

I SIMPLY HATE MICROSOFT!!!<br>thx moosemaster but it didnt work! there was only one process (wcexyz32.exe - active sync i think) i could terminate! all the others seemed to be system apps! but thats bullshit too coz one of those 18 apps was Norton32.exe (not exactly like that) which i also couldnt terminate! then i tried to run in save mode but while booting up the fucking OS always crashes! MS SUX<br>ummm is there a way to get it running on linux? ;)<br>i know there isnt
JcDenton999

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 26, 2001 @ 3:36pm

You need to format your HD more often. When was the last time?
Moose or Chuck

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 26, 2001 @ 6:35pm

Ah! Norton Utilities! That's problem your problem right there. Yeah, you probably couldn't shut it down anyway, but there's a way arounf it. Bring up the Norton Utilities and somewhere in the options you should be able to turn off it starting up on boot. Then reboot. Installation should work now. (BTW, uninstall any progams that supposedly help "prevent" Windows from crashing. I've never seen one that didn't create a dozen or more problems that led to crashes during every session it ran.)
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 26, 2001 @ 6:48pm

Norton Sucks, why do people buy it?
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Apr 27, 2001 @ 4:01am

People don't buy it.  Companies do, such as HP,Compaq,and many motherboard (and everything under the sun) manufacturers etc. (i'm too damn tired too list eny PC manufacturers write now..) to give people a false sense of security; that's what they want.  They don't care if their system slows down 10-50% as long as their computers are "safe".
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Hey dudes, i dont buy it i make security-copies!

Postby JcDenton999 » Apr 27, 2001 @ 2:19pm

in my opinion i turned every possibility of norton background apps (as auto virus-protection, ...) off when i installed it (i know they dont help anything)! it totally sux anyway! im gonna delete it! i simply wanted it for diskdoctor and speed disk! those are the only godd apps! btw.: it (diskdoctor for example) doesnt recognise my harddisk, neat huh? it says:<br>"make sure your harddrive is connected properly"<br>that's the hardrive im running windows on! :)<br><br>and im not gonna format my hddrive as long as its working and as long as windows doesnt make too many problems!<br><br>im not sure but i also think i installed the mebedded tools before installing norton utilities! but ok imma try it now with removing it<br><br>thx for your suggestions
JcDenton999

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 27, 2001 @ 11:32pm

Definately uninstall them.<br><br>Little bit of trivia: Norton's SpeedDisk was essentially built in to Windows 95's Disk Defragmenter. (Hmm, can't entirely remember what Disk Doctor did, other than bluescreen Windows on exit.)
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby JcDenton999 » Apr 28, 2001 @ 9:21am

i deinstalled it, but it didnt work! ok i have to forget running the EVTools on W2K!<br>maybe imma try the save mode again, but i have the certain feeling that it wont work again!<br>thx again anyway for all the suggestions
JcDenton999

Postby JcDenton999 » Apr 28, 2001 @ 10:28am

hey,<br>could somebody send me the file<br>"VBCEDEM.DLL"<br>in the EVB folder? it seems as its corrupted as windows couldnt register it! and i couldnt register it manually too! thx cu
JcDenton999

Thx a lot

Postby JcDenton999 » Apr 30, 2001 @ 8:55am

stop it! my w-mail provider is already threatening me cause of the high traffic!<br>ok lets get serious:<br>could someone please send me the file above?<br>thx
JcDenton999

Postby JcDenton999 » May 7, 2001 @ 1:07pm

'
JcDenton999

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions