This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PPC Developer NEWBIE

PPC Developer NEWBIE

Postby codePoet » May 14, 2001 @ 9:08am

Hey,<br><br>I'm an experienced C/C++ developer that have just gotten my hands on a iPaq. As all UML fixated, UNIX idiots I think I can do stuff better. But there is Ohh so many questions...or rather one;<br>* Can I use a normal C++ compiler when building for the PPC (I still havn't figured out the difference between a "normal" PC program and on to run on a PPC. Is there any difference?)<br><br>I could proberly get the answers I need by RTFM, but maybe some of you would help me...and by the way; which books gives me all the secrets(including who killed Kennedy)?<br><br>
question?toBe:notToBe;
codePoet
pm Member

Re: PPC Developer NEWBIE

Postby Paul » May 14, 2001 @ 1:04pm

you need embedded visual c++ from pocketpc.com
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 14, 2001 @ 6:05pm

You'll need to get eMbedded Visual C++. A free 300MB download or a free (plus s&h) CD in the mail:<br>http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/developer/technicalarticles/tools.asp<br><br>You'll need to know how to program Windows applications, like in normal Windows, but for any DirectX things you should learn GAPI (or GameX for non-PPCs).<br>The only difference in programming for ppcs is the build faze, in which the program is built up for the different processor, SH#, ARM, MIPS. The entire programming section is the same, except for maybe ActiveX, DirectX, etc. etc.
Moose or Chuck

Postby codePoet » May 15, 2001 @ 4:27am

Thanks! Just what I needed to kick of.<br><br>See you around in iPAQ world.
question?toBe:notToBe;
codePoet
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 15, 2001 @ 10:43am

ahhh i'll see you in the MIPS world, cause ipaq is urine
Moose or Chuck

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions