This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Grafik of Pocket Quake could be faster!

Grafik of Pocket Quake could be faster!

Postby born » Jan 25, 2001 @ 2:34am

I liked the first Version of Pocket Quake very much, but I wonder why the resolution in the new version is even worse than DommCE and additionally runs not as fluently as DoomCE. Will this change in another Version?<br>I ask, because the better Grafik of Pocket Quake V0.01 waw one of its main advantages! Wasn't it?
born

Re: Grafik of Pocket Quake could be faster!

Postby Dan East » Jan 25, 2001 @ 5:28pm

The second release of Pocket Quake included a config file created by 999 that helps speed things up a little bit, at the cost of reducing gfx quality and size.  You can either modify the cfg, or simply not use it all, to have Quake render at max quality.  There are no differences in the rendering code between the first and second releases.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Zac Chacon » Jan 25, 2001 @ 5:45pm

Excellent job on Quake.  <br><br>Actually, I liked the graphics quality of the first game as well as the screen size and I personally am not perceptive enough to notice in huge difference in speed with the graphics in their default state. So I edited out the lines in the autoexec.cfg dealing with graphics.  It's a lot easier to play when my middle-aged eyes don't have to strain so much.<br><br>Again, great job on the port.
Zac Chacon

Postby Mark Rejhon » Jan 25, 2001 @ 5:49pm

Same here!<br><br>I like 999's button config, but edited out the graphics lines too.  I prefer the better graphics, 100% view size, and just very slight impact on framerate.<br><br>Perhaps two different autoexec.cfg's could be supplied to make it easier on users who want maximum graphics?
Mark Rejhon

Postby Mark Rejhon » Jan 25, 2001 @ 5:49pm

Same here!<br><br>I like 999's button config, but edited out the graphics lines too.  I prefer the better graphics, 100% view size, and just very slight impact on framerate.<br><br>Perhaps two different autoexec.cfg's could be supplied to make it easier on users who want maximum graphics?
Mark Rejhon

Postby Mark Rejhon » Jan 25, 2001 @ 5:50pm

Sorry about the duplicate - I got an HTTP error 400 on my first attempt.  (I guess it posted the message then gave me the HTTP error 400).
Mark Rejhon

Postby 999 » Jan 25, 2001 @ 6:14pm

Here's a new Autoexec file which enables the larger screen and cleaner graphics.<br><br><br><br>I'm not noticing much of a difference performance wise, I reckon I should update the config in the installer to this version.<br><br>I've also sped up the mouse speed a bit.<br><br>As always, you can edit the autexec.cfg file in Notepad.<br><br>----<br><br>Okay, I've reuploaded the main zip file with the new Autoexec :)  Thanks for the feedback, I forgot to edit those lines out, but basically left them because I noticed a little increase in speed.<br>Last modification: 999 - 01/25/01 at 15:14:00
pm Member

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions