This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Next Priorities

Postby BIGBEN » Jul 18, 2005 @ 9:33pm

I was amazed why people talk about compatibility issues with Frog on top of Hal and prefer old Frog. When I downloaded the 0.8.0 version i went to this page: I think, it is clear enough :wink:
BIGBEN
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Jul 20, 2005 @ 6:21am

Kzinti
pm Member

Postby makslane » Oct 14, 2005 @ 5:47pm

makslane

Postby Kzinti » Oct 14, 2005 @ 8:46pm

Kzinti
pm Member

Postby Krakken » Oct 15, 2005 @ 1:06am

Krakken
pm Member

Postby kornalius » Oct 15, 2005 @ 2:31am

Regards,
Kornalius
President
ArianeSoft Inc.
http://www.arianesoft.ca
kornalius
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Oct 15, 2005 @ 4:46am

Kzinti
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Oct 15, 2005 @ 4:47am

Kzinti
pm Member

Postby Krakken » Oct 16, 2005 @ 2:39am

Krakken
pm Member

Postby fzammetti » Oct 16, 2005 @ 8:51pm

Feel free to migrate the plugin idea over to the dev mailing list. That's the appropriate place for such discussions at this point. The forum over there would also be OK, but it really should find its way onto the dev mailing list.

However, it should be noted that my intention is to serve mostly as project admin, not as lead developer (or even developer... I'll probably contribute here and there, but probably not much). Think of me as a PM with no mandate, authority or desire to push people in any way :)

If others don't step up and decide they want to become a developer on the project, than it moving to SourceForge will have made no difference to anything. Therefore, anyone that is actually interested in doing some work should sign up for the dev mailling list and get going :)
...and so I said to Mr. Gates: "$640 billion should be enough for anyone!"
fzammetti
pm Insider

Postby fzammetti » Oct 16, 2005 @ 8:53pm

Also, don't forget that as with any open-source project, patches speak louder than words.

Another way of saying thar is that good ideas and good intentions can only carry you so far... you've got to get down to brass tacks at some point and show us the code :)

(This isn't directed at anyone in particular by the way, but it seemed relevant to say it within this discussion and at this time)
...and so I said to Mr. Gates: "$640 billion should be enough for anyone!"
fzammetti
pm Insider

Postby Krakken » Oct 17, 2005 @ 12:26am

I would but i'd rather see it implemented into HAL than Frog. I want to use PocketHAL over PocketFrog but I don't want to lose that extra layer of useful functionality that PocketFrog gives (such as image loading etc). That's why I'd love to see this idea implemented. Would make life easier in my opinion. Imagine just being able to download an alpha-blend plugin and it works right away in your code; saves a recompile of the library and updates can be easily submitted. On top anything written in PocketHAL should automatically be part of PocketFrog. It kills two birds with one stone.
Krakken
pm Member

Postby Presto » Oct 17, 2005 @ 4:34pm

Presto
pm Insider

Postby Kzinti » Oct 17, 2005 @ 6:57pm

Kzinti
pm Member

Postby Krakken » Oct 18, 2005 @ 9:06am

I don't think anyone's understanding me but it doesn't matter after what Thierry said because I now understand what he wants PocketHAL to be.

What I thought would have been nice is a system where people who didn't want to use PocketFrog, but instead PocketHAL (like myself) would be able to download Thierry's PHAL and then have the opportunity to extend it with Third-Party Plugins (in the form of DLLs that would be loaded by PHAL as specified in code [something like 'PHAL::PluginInterface::LoadPlugin("FileManager.dll")']) which would then automatically integrate into the engine at run-time adding a render pipeline etc.
Krakken
pm Member

PreviousNext

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions