This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Pocket Quake 0.11 available

Postby Guest » Mar 19, 2005 @ 11:23am

PQ2 problem

Postby PyroJ28 » Dec 10, 2005 @ 6:54pm

sorry to bother but im having problems with PQ2
It says that it cant load pics/colormap.pcx
but i dont know why because im pretty sure i have everything in the right place.
Im running an Axim x50 520mhz with Windows Mobile 2003

pocketQuake is in \Program Files\PocketQuake2\pocketquake2.exe

the pak0.pak (18mb) and the autoexec.cgf files are in \CF Card\quake2\baseq2\autoexec.cfg & \CF Card\quake2\baseq2\pak0.pak

i dont think i need the gx.dll file b/c i have windows 2003 but correct me if im wrong

so if anyone could please help me with this it would be greatly appreciated, i cant wait to get it working.
thanks
PyroJ28

Postby GurnBlanston » Jan 20, 2006 @ 11:22pm

GurnBlanston
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Jan 20, 2006 @ 11:47pm

Dan East
Site Admin

Quake 2 Runs Great But...

Postby D1no » May 9, 2006 @ 11:55am

I installed the full Quake 2 game on my O2 XDAII.
Runs GREAT now thanx also to Patrick with the optimize XScale Pocket Quake 2 BUT I can't get past the end of the "Installation" level.
I get the Z_Malloc: Failed on allocation of 2742768 bytes error.
I got plenty memory and the all game is on a gig sd card.

Did anyone played the whole full retail copy of quake 2 on a PDA without the Z_Malloc Error?
If yes can he please explain what I'm doing wrong.

NOTE:
I can load every map from the console ok

Thank you
D1no
pm Member

Postby NielsVV » May 15, 2006 @ 10:09pm

Runs PQ II also on wm5?
NielsVV

So much for new technology and new OS!

Postby D1no » May 28, 2006 @ 11:21am

I bought an I-mate JASJAR phone that looks more like the smallest laptop ever built
BUT has Windows Mobile 5.0 Phone Edition wich mean I can’t enjoy play anymore Pocket Quake1 and 2?

I had both installed on my ageing O2 XDAII and never let me down and now all exited with my new I-mate JASJAR phone I was looking forward to join a LAN with the wifi and get some serious frags with that beautiful built in keyboard just to find out that Quake 1 will give me a WHITE screen and Quake 2 won’t run at all!

Ok I did get the white screen fix for Pocket Quake1 but what’s the point half of the screen still look pretty white to me!

Will Dan East one day come up with another version that support Windows Mobile 5.0 and full support for landscape mode?

http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/18983
[/img]
D1no
pm Member

Postby faulke » Aug 7, 2007 @ 1:09pm

Hi. I have a toshiba g900 with windows mobile 6 and im getting the same issue. I get the sound, and a blank screen. Whats strange is when I press the X to close the application down for a split second it changes quake to a window with a blue bar at the top and i can see the last screen shot of the game before the application terminates, so i think the issue mobile 5 and 6 might be having is to do with presenting the image on screen, so maybe landscape or even force quake to be in a window could solve the problem............thoughts?
faulke
pm Member

Previous

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions