This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Quake runs fine on Win Mobile 5 - JAMin/Prophet - OMAP200MHz

Quake runs fine on Win Mobile 5 - JAMin/Prophet - OMAP200MHz

Postby robax » Apr 16, 2006 @ 3:26am

robax
pm Member

Postby Guest » Apr 17, 2006 @ 11:37pm

Postby robax » Apr 18, 2006 @ 2:32am

ok, for some reason I was sure I'd typed that in already, but this time it worked.

Turns out the sound isn't affecting the framerate. It still slows in the same spots. I think it's the particles causing the slowdowns. The first obvious bit is at the start when quakemanthingy goes around the first corner and lobs a grenade at 3 zombies. at the point of explosion it all slows. The screenflashing also seems to freeze it briefly.

I'll need to have a look through that config thread.

hmm.. now for some reason after using nosound, the timedemo doesn't work properly.. it just continues on thru all the demos and doesnt provide a report. beh, I should play with something else.
robax
pm Member

Postby robax » Mar 2, 2007 @ 11:35am

Back again nearly a year later having just yesterday rebuilt my Jamin from scratch.
I decided to try quake again and I'm having that problem where it won't save.. says it can't open the folder... yes it's all in the right place.

Anyhow.. this time I clocked the phone using that ompa.exe tool to 240Mhz and it returned 10.0 fps with all defaults and sound on as before.

Can't really play it tho without being able to save. I've tried creating save folders in ID1 and in Quake etc.. no-go :(

rob
robax
pm Member

Return to Pocket Quake 1 and 2

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Pocket Quake 1 and 2 by Dan East

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, James S

Forum permissions