This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Getting a start in XML?

Getting a start in XML?

Postby chuck » Oct 18, 2006 @ 2:43pm

Though I may work directly with XML very little, I want to begin the process of learning it in conjunction with FrameMaker. I've already read XML in 24Hours, which was nearly a complete waste of time. The book focused far too much on the Web and very little on anything specific.

I am looking to learn as much about writing well structured XML code as possible. I am in publishing, not coding, so my aim is really to create portable, usable content, not delivery systems. I may never write a DTD, but I'd like to know how to append one to make it fit our organizations needs as well as possible.

So, where could I find information about this? I'm headed back to the library to again pilfer their tech shelves, but are there any books you would recommend for this sort of thing. I realize this isn't specifically a question involving development, so much as using a mark up language for its original intent--marking up--but, any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.
chuck
pm Insider

Postby Sergio » Nov 1, 2006 @ 12:31pm

Hi chuck!
I always use as an every day reference. It's, in my opinion, the best reference and tutorial guide for XML, HTML, XHTML, JavaScript, CSS, and more...
Besides being a developer, I'm also a technical trainer, and I've used that site a lot for course development.

Regards,
Serge.
Sergio Fierens

Sergio
pm Member

Postby sponge » Nov 1, 2006 @ 3:11pm

holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Postby chuck » Nov 3, 2006 @ 2:13am

chuck
pm Insider

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions