This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

How do notification bubbles work?

How do notification bubbles work?

Postby j.edwards » Jul 16, 2007 @ 6:25am

Hi,
I want to be able to intercept the notifications such as low battery, incoming call, new sms etc - the ones that display a callout bubble with the html control embedded. Does anyone know what controls those notifications? They sit in the same process as the HHTaskBar window, but I don't know if that means much.

I am assuming the HHTaskBar window is somehow involved because it is aware of them so I traced messages and there are a number of WM_APP category messages being sent around but I cannot find any info on the web.

The plan is to capture those notifications and present them differently. So I need to get access to the SHNOTIFICATIONDATA as well as hook into the messages that trigger them off.

Any ideas?
j.edwards
pm Member

Postby j.edwards » Jul 16, 2007 @ 6:40am

A bit further info ...
There is a process for shell32.exe that contains the desktop, today screen plugins, task bar, and the notifications. That process loads the webview.dll and htmlview.dll modules which are used (one or both) for displaying the html content.
j.edwards
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions