This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Hi Everyone, New project underway, Help?

Hi Everyone, New project underway, Help?

Postby brendan » Sep 25, 2007 @ 11:31pm

Well, it's been allmost 3 years since my last project, and given the pathetic return for my time placed into my last projects, I allmost gave up.

But, I'm back again to code Counter Sheep 2.0

It will probably be more of a re-hack of the old code with new gfx and the like, since I'm now 3 years more savvy it should be a more polished product.

Because I haven't coded for the PPC is quite some time, should I still be heading down the eVC++ enviroment? Are any of the SDK's any good? or should I just stick what the in house hacked up EasyCE library?

ALSO

It's great to see so many famillar names on the forum, it's been a looooong time. :)

-Brendan
brendan
pm Insider

Postby j.edwards » Sep 26, 2007 @ 12:11pm

I have been using VS2005 and really like it. The debugger is much nicer, and I use it for work as well so I only have to have the one IDE installed which is handy because I'm trying to keep my VM size on the MacBook down.

A few months ago I got serious about ppc dev again after a year or two away and had a look around - PHAL still seems the best option for graphics. Don't know what ever happened to entrek, but had to build my own memory leak detection stuff.

Nothing much else has changed :) except there just seemed a whole lot less development happening.

Checked out handango and it was the same old same old with the products. A few of the larger companies still pumping out their stuff and maximising (trying to put positive spin on it) their profit potential with minimal effort. App prices seemed to have jumped from $5-$15 to $15-$30 which is pretty ridiculous, but they all looked like the same apps from 2yrs ago.

I suspect there is a market ripe for the picking again that have been neglected / abused for a while, and hopefully within a month or so will be able to test that theory when we release our first app, so there is a bit of hope mixed in with that observation.

Perhaps a lot of the guys who used to frequent here went and got a "real job". Dan is still alive though :) - still see quite a few posts from him.
j.edwards
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Sep 26, 2007 @ 7:21pm

Dan East
Site Admin

Postby David Horn » Sep 27, 2007 @ 12:17am

Crosswind technique: "Using your peripheral vision, react to body movements, gasps, groans, and shouts from the other side of the cockpit, and always remember that it's better to be lucky than good."
David Horn
<b>The Boss</b>

Postby PointOfLight » Sep 27, 2007 @ 3:11pm

Eric Pankoke
Programmer
Point Of Light Software
http://www.polsoftware.com/
PointOfLight
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions