This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

DVD HOWTO IS HERE!

DVD HOWTO IS HERE!

Postby Chris Edwards » May 10, 2001 @ 10:15pm

ok, do not follow in my footsteps and make all caps titles... anyways... i am done the dvd howto and have all the downloads uploaded.. all that i need to do is run through it for spelling and stuff and put it onto a webpage.. once that is done (hopefully tonight) you will have a new dvd-pocket pc howto.. it is all new (and better)... so, it rocks..<br><br>um.. tell all you friends :)
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Re: DVD HOWTO IS HERE!

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 10, 2001 @ 10:24pm

OMG CAN I TOUCH YOU, i can't believe its real :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Chris Edwards » May 10, 2001 @ 11:20pm

It's up!<br><br><br><br>Tell me what you think.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby redruM » May 11, 2001 @ 4:41am

That looks ace.  -And thanks for putting all the used programs up for download too!<br><br>One question though, -I was kinda expecting some rough guides as to just how big the movies might be?<br><br>-I was going to use the highest quality landscape video & sound, in the MPEG1 format.  Should I be expecting something like 400MB for a regular 2 hour film?<br><br>Thanks again for a great how-to.
redruM

Postby sfsafsghk » May 11, 2001 @ 10:05am

Just still heavily impressed. Think that this tutorial will get once quite usefull after my PPC purchase :).
sfsafsghk

Postby Chris Edwards » May 11, 2001 @ 11:58am

Hmm.. i guess I forgot to give estimates on the size of the movie. I should add that pretty soon.<br><br>Anyways,<br><br>400meg's sounds about right for high quality all-around.<br><br>I tested this on "The Matrix" and came out with about 360megs (using a mix between high and mid), so 400 or so sounds about right for 2 hours, high quality.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby chuck » May 11, 2001 @ 12:13pm

I'd try it out, but considering i don't own a microdrive and/or dvd player/drive i can't very well do that... Soon, soon my microdrive will arrive, soon as i raise the money :)
chuck

Postby Anonymous » May 11, 2001 @ 12:23pm

It should be noted that the vts_02_01.vob mentioned in the article is specific to the movie, and the main title might have another filename.  I also seem to have a 100MB difference in file size when using CBR.  That is to say that the same .avi file using a comparable VBR will be around 100MB larger than when using CBR.
Anonymous

Postby Chris Edwards » May 11, 2001 @ 12:34pm

CBR is Constant Bit Rate -- For example, if your movie has a 1 minute gap where everything is just black, or there is very low motion, than it will still encode that portion of the movie at 300kbps or whatever you chose.<br><br>VBR is Variable Bit Rate -- For example, during that one minute gap, it will encode at a lower bitrate, because a higher bitrate is not needed.<br><br>if you encoded a movie in both VBR and than CBR, the VBR movie would be smaller, yet have the same quality level as CBR.<br><br>Also, vts_02_1 or vts_02_01 are standard files in NTSC DVD's. They represent the movie itself.. vts_01_01 is the intro, and vts_03_01 is the extra stuff.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Anonymous » May 11, 2001 @ 12:46pm

This reiterates the point that each movie is different, and it can take several attempts to get it the way a person wants it.  I would be very interested in what bitrate and size people are using on the E-125, and the resulting framerate and overall quality.  I have mine overclocked to 180 and prefer to use 300 CBR in landscape.  I am in the neighborhood of 20fps with quality about a 7 out of 10 rating.  Filesizes are typically 250-300MB
Anonymous

Postby Chris Edwards » May 11, 2001 @ 1:19pm

I use about 350 with VBS in landscape on my ipaq, with it overclocked to 236 and get about 25-30fps.<br><br>PocketTV w/ microdrive optimization.<br><br>96kbps joint stereo audio
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 11, 2001 @ 7:27pm

I use 450kpbs with my E-125 @ 180MHz and it works GREAT. Only on SOME vista views does it stutter. But for some reason whenever I use the trackbar to skip ahead in a movie the sound becomes disjointed (nothign to do with bitrate of course).
Moose or Chuck

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions