This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Background noise after DVD rip....

Re: Background noise after DVD rip....

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 12, 2001 @ 3:32pm

Not with my all wonderful Casio E-125!!! HAHAHAHA
Moose or Chuck

Postby Buck Futter » May 12, 2001 @ 10:53pm

Moose:<br><br>What did you use to rip the Audio? <br><br>Older software doesn't properly handle/decode Dolby Digital. A common side effect of using older software is the "hissing" noise you get. <br><br>Check your master VOB files to see if they have the same problem.<br><br>999<br><br>
Buck Futter

Postby Dick Gozinya » May 12, 2001 @ 10:54pm

Chris:<br><br>I can't really comment on your DVD How-To, because I use an entirely different method. <br><br>If it works for you and everyone else, then it's obviously a job well done.<br><br>999<br><br>
Dick Gozinya

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 13, 2001 @ 9:30am

I use SmartRipper (what's their homepage so I can download the latest) to rip the DVD VOB file, then FlasKMPEG (v0.60) to convert to AVI. After that I use TMPGEnc (Beta 12e) to encode it. All of this on my AMD Athlon 1333MHz, takes about 5-6 total hours. It have a SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 X-Gamer, so it handles all the AC3 and Digital audio, but that doesn't really make a difference in encoding, I don't think (but someone mentioned it).
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 13, 2001 @ 9:49am

is that the soundcard with the faceplate thingy in the front. God i wish i could afford that then my computer would look l33t
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 13, 2001 @ 4:33pm

Well, that's the platinum version. I bought some fecking kick arse 5.1 midiland speakers. Their tha shite! It came with a face plate with every sound option I need, just no out- or in-puts. All I want now is an equalizer for my spare slot
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 14, 2001 @ 7:43pm

you should get a LCD screen to tell you the temp in your comp all the time, then you can overclock like crazy :) rich bastard :P
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 15, 2001 @ 3:01pm

I've got a program to do it. My CPU is currently 123.5 degrees F, my Chipset is 86.7 degress F. Graphics card RAM: 91F; GPU: 100.1F
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 15, 2001 @ 9:00pm

whered u get that, i wanna overclock but i gotta keep tabs on my cpu temp :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 15, 2001 @ 9:36pm

It came with my Asus motherboard, so I'm all good. I bought a Delta fan for my computer, it lowered the CPU temp by more than 10 degrees, but it was louder than I can make my TV (42dbA) so I took it out. I've got to return it, unless one of you want it? It's amazingly powerful and I'd be keeping it if my room didn't echo so much.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » May 16, 2001 @ 6:17am

Yeah i've got one of those, except mine always flashes up errors about the voltage being too high in my ram or something... i just turn it off
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 16, 2001 @ 8:13am

Well, you're RAM will be fried in a couple months at that rate. Lower the voltage, don't ask me how, read a manual.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Theo » May 19, 2001 @ 9:11am

Encode Audio with 44.1 instead of 44 Khz.<br>I could solve that problem for me.<br>Regards<br>Theo
Theo
pm Member

Postby Paul » May 19, 2001 @ 9:28am

nah its been like that for years
Paul
pm Insider

Previous

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions