This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Wireless modem for em-500?

Wireless modem for em-500?

Postby Simon Wong » Apr 8, 2001 @ 11:16am

Is there any external wireless modem for em-500 that connect to its serial port?
Simon Wong

Re: Wireless modem for em-500?

Postby Dan East » Apr 8, 2001 @ 11:26am

You should be able to use any old external modem with it. Just make sure you have a Null Modem adapter (or serial cable).<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dan East » Apr 8, 2001 @ 11:27am

I don't literally mean an "old" modem, more like an "'ole" modem. :)<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Jaybot » Apr 8, 2001 @ 11:36am

Actually, many old serial modem's I had didn't work with the serial port on my E-115. :(<br>I'm not sure why, it may've been the drivers, or maybe the fact that they were old. :)<br>However, if you don't already have a serail modem, don't spend the money on a new one for a desktop PC, cause when you combine that wiht the price of an adapter, it's usually a pretty high price and a lot  of extra wire,  you're better  off just getting the Casio serial 56k modem (or the pegasus one which is alos sold through the casio site for some reason), which plugs directly into the port on the Casio.<br>you can check them both out at www.casio.com
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions