This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

American Hostages in China

American Hostages in China

Postby Dan East » Apr 8, 2001 @ 10:34am

Of course this has nothing to do with Pocket PCs, but I know we have a very large and diverse multi-national group involved in these discussion boards, and I would like to hear your opinions. I of course am biased as an US citizen (which made me eligible to win a free Taco). I certainly do not take everything my government says as fact, but in this case it is pretty obvious who was to blame, and where the incident occured. What do the rest of you think? Does the US deserve whatever it gets "just because", or is China going completely overboard here? <br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Re: American Hostages in China

Postby Jaybot » Apr 8, 2001 @ 11:11am

Uhm, I don't know myself either.  Sure, all Bush had to do was apologize nicely and say, whoops, my bad! and this might've gone much different.  But at the same time, China's being a little too childish about the whole thing..
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby pedroboe » Apr 8, 2001 @ 12:14pm

It's time to call Judge Judy ;)
pedroboe
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Apr 8, 2001 @ 12:22pm

No, she's not in China. Now, if a US fighter jet would have rammed a slow-flying Chinese propeller-driven plane, and it had to make an emergency landing in the US, and we decided to incarcerate the Chinese crew against international law, then Judge Judy could set us straight. ;)<br><br>Dan East<br><br>Last modification: Dan East - 04/08/01 at 09:22:46
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Warren » Apr 8, 2001 @ 9:04pm

The US should apoligize to China! China did nothing wrong. The US was spying on China! China only sent up some fighters to look at the US plane, and they got a little too friendly and smack the plane. A lot of people are saying that China should not apoligize because they are communist. That makes no sense. A communist country is no different than a capitalist. The only difference is the way the government works (I see communism as a very good way to improve economicly struggling countries). And the US tends to forget that China also lost that pilot that crashed into the US plane. And there's been no casualties for the US. And the US wants China to apoligize!! LOL! I say make the US apoligize to China, and China give back the hostages.
Warren
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Apr 8, 2001 @ 9:14pm

<groan> who cares at this point?  It's all just silly semantic nonsense at this point.  It's like the US and China are toddlers and US doesn't wann apologize because they think they did nothing wrong... but China won't give the toy plane back unless you apologize! China, it's not a toy, these are people not collectible plastic gi joes. pfft.  Oh, and communism is a horrid way to help a struggling economy, it just doesn't work, take some micro and macro economics classes and find out why.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 9, 2001 @ 2:51am

I haven't been keeping up on this subject, but both US and China should apologize. What happened? US had planes in International waters (says US) and China sent out some interceptors to keep them in check and one collided with another? (China collided with US?)
Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » Apr 11, 2001 @ 4:52pm

Great, here comes more chinese driving jokes.  Now what they can't fly planes either?<br><br>oy...<br><br>
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Apr 11, 2001 @ 5:08pm

lol!
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions