This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Well I got an Ipaq!

Well I got an Ipaq!

Postby NovaPhoenix » Apr 10, 2001 @ 8:26pm

Yes I went out today and got an Ipaq!  Its sitting connected to the computer.  Peter, this thing ownz!<br><br>You should have seen me bouncing into the store with a big childish grin on my face, and as soon as my credit card was approved I cheered!  The sales person hasnt had a nut like me ever come in before :>
I now GOT a PDA... And its kicking up a tantrum!
NovaPhoenix
pm Member

Re: Well I got an Ipaq!

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 11, 2001 @ 1:21am

Congradulations,<br><br>I suggest you try out Quake if you are the gamer type.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Jaybot » Apr 11, 2001 @ 5:09am

Yeah, and then head on over to jimmy.com and get the ipaq overclock utility and then go to pocketgamer.org and go to the emulation section and download the old version of TWSFC (snes emu) from the site and tell me how it runs :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Peter » Apr 11, 2001 @ 6:04am

Well, guess what?  I did the same thing.  Snagged an iPAQ 3635 yesterday. Came with a CF sleeve and some additional software (ZioGolf and Peacemaker).  Its' up an running and is pretty dang cool.  I've already downloaded some games - including PocketQuake - Pocket TV (and a couple of movies) and Pocket Bible. Plus I added a couple of extras on the CD - Streets and Transcriber.  I'll probably fill my 64 meg card in no time!<br><br>So, how bout a couple of questions . .. <br><br>1.  I played with the thing for 3.5 straight hours last night.  I would have played longer but I started getting battery warnings!  I guess I'm gonna have to get a charger for home as well as work!  Can I just use any charger that fits?  Probably not, huh . . .<br><br>2.  The screen always looks kinda milky.  I now I can adjust the brightness but how about the contrast?<br><br>3.  How can you tell how much space you have left in your main memory as well as the CF card?<br><br>4.  And I hate opening this can of worms, but what "essentials" should I consider loading up on this puppy?<br><br>5.  Okay, one more, I ran across a site that had a bunch of different "Today" banners, but now I'll be darned if I can find it.  Where do you go for those babies?<br><br>Thanks to everyone for all their helpful advice!<br><br>Peter
Peter
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Apr 11, 2001 @ 6:19am

No, you can't use any charger that fits, that way, you CAN fry the Ipaq.  You can try finding something that has the exact same Volts and Amps, but you're better off just ordering a seperate one or a car charger... I don't know if compaq makes them, but if they do, i'd get one.<br><br>don't know about the screen, sorry.<br><br>storage space? start, settings, system, memory, storage card.<br><br>essential, a real task closer/switcher I use SQ Pocket:<br>http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA003011/indexe.htm<br><br>but I'm wierd, most people use WIS bar:<br>http://www.walkers.ne.jp/ww/wisbare.html<br><br>or gigabar:<br>www.gigabar.com<br><br>don't know about today banners, but you might want to check out www.ceskins.com after you donwload WIS/gigabar and go to the pocketpc OS forum at http://discussion.brighthand.com and look around there, you may want to check out www.snoopsoft.com and look at dashboard as well.<br><br>hope that helps some.<br>
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 11, 2001 @ 8:59am

check out brighthand about making a portable charger, i made one and its cool.  It'll let you run your pda for days.  Also if you follow there instructions right you can adapt it to make a car charger. I did :) it works great on my E-125 just buy a cheap car adapter plugy thing from Radio Shack then run the diode and your ready to go.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Apr 11, 2001 @ 3:50pm

the thing is, most people don't want to deal with having to 'make' it, using a soldering irons isn't everyones forte. and the price difference between making a cra charger from radio shack (which looks lame when you're done with it, mine did anyway) and an brand name ipaq/casio one is negligable.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby 999 » Apr 11, 2001 @ 5:03pm

pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Apr 11, 2001 @ 5:22pm

-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 11, 2001 @ 11:03pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Apr 12, 2001 @ 6:46am

Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 12, 2001 @ 8:30am

Moose or Chuck

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 12, 2001 @ 12:34pm

Whoa, back off moose I think he is married.:)<br><br>That was funny though, my first reaction was to reply saying "lol" but useless messages like that will put me at the same level at Dr.Phat;)Last modification: Matt Keys - 04/12/01 at 09:34:38
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 13, 2001 @ 9:02am

that is now your job dan, PQ can wait, u must create this program. It would be hehe OUR EXODUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. <insert weird mad scientist music here>
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 13, 2001 @ 8:38pm

USB cable that charged your device?<br>cough... useless ... cough
Moose or Chuck

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions