This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Danger! Danger! Code 28!

Danger! Danger! Code 28!

Postby NovaPhoenix » Apr 14, 2001 @ 10:04am

Yet another newbie question I have.  Ok for some reason my PDA and computer are on speaking terms now, and they seem to get along better.  But at random times, they will just disconnect from each other.  It could be 30mins, or 5hrs, but at some point the sync is lost.  When I try to resync it, the computer or pda wont detect each other.  So the only way to re-sync is a computer restart.  But heres the thing...<br><br>Going back before, about trying to re-sync it, when I do place the Ipaq into the cradel, instead of ActiveSync picking up the connection I get a little icon in the bottom right saying... "Unplug or Eject Hardware".  Its like a little Icon with a green arrow.  I open up the window and it has likea listing of hardware devices, and the only whintg in that list is a "USB Device"<br><br>Upon closer inspection, I opened up the properties window and this is the error message I have.<br><br><br>"The drivers for this device are not installed. ( Code 28 )<br><br>To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver."<br><br><br>Now back not that long ago i recall that sometimes I get a dialog comming up and announcing that it is installing drivers for the Compaq Areo. I did not have a choice in the matter.  So I followed my nose to the Device Manager window in the system properties, and there it was.  In the USB field, a "USB Device" with a yellow ! mark on it.  I rembered that I cancelled the installation or the Areo by the task manager becuase I was sick of it comming up everytime I plugged in the Ipaq.<br><br>Now it is by my interperation, that the computer is hungry for drivers.  I searched all through my CDs, but with little luck did I find anything that could help.  So now I face the challenge, and to you all I must turn to help for.<br><br>How does one fix this puzzle of misleadings?<br>Ph34r the USB Device<br><br><br><br>Last modification: NovaPhoenix - 04/14/01 at 07:04:50
I now GOT a PDA... And its kicking up a tantrum!
NovaPhoenix
pm Member

Re: Danger! Danger! Code 28!

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 14, 2001 @ 12:09pm

Go in to the Device Manager and remove that USB device (with the yellow (!)) Restart Windows 2000 and it should realise something's amiss. It will then begin reinstalling the device. Put the CD that came with the iPAQ in your drive and keep hitting "Next." Windows should automatically find the drivers.
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby NovaPhoenix » Apr 14, 2001 @ 6:58pm

but it auto detects the device as a aereo
I now GOT a PDA... And its kicking up a tantrum!
NovaPhoenix
pm Member

Postby Jaybot » Apr 14, 2001 @ 7:20pm

Thats okay, it's allowed to.  As for the disconnect-unplug/eject hardware-thing, you're just goingnto have to deal with it and restart your computer every time... until I'm sober enough to answer that question.... maybe tommorrow. :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions