This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

SCREEN SCRATCHES!! AHH!!

SCREEN SCRATCHES!! AHH!!

Postby Warren » Apr 14, 2001 @ 1:54am

I let my sister play Solitare on my Casio EM-500, but she (as stupid as she is), FILLED the screen with very deep long very easily noticable scratches. You can feel the scratches with the stylus, and the scratches distort the color (on a white screen, all the scratches apart dashed red, very noticable). There is about 10 long deep ones, at least 30 non deep ones, and about 10 peg holes (from pegging on the screen too hard). Is there a liquid stuff to fill the scratches? I can't live with the scratches! Before, I had 2 deep long scratches, and I literially cried when I saw them. Now they're nothing compared to all the others! I need to get some of those clear plastic covers that stick to the screen. Is there ANY way to get rid of the scratches?!?!?!?! HELP!!!!!!!! Thank.
Warren
pm Insider

Re: SCREEN SCRATCHES!! AHH!!

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 14, 2001 @ 3:04am

How old is your sister?<br>You can buy new screens for Casios, but I've forgotten the link. You could maybe buff them out, but I'm not an expert on scratches.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Chris Edwards » Apr 14, 2001 @ 5:12am

Hehe.. Compaq replaced my scratchful screen for free... but i guess that's because it had dust in it too ;).<br><br>
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Dan East » Apr 14, 2001 @ 5:55am

I've read that Armor All is supposed to help fill such scratches. I've tried it on my laptop display, and it may have made them a bit less noticable, but it certainly didn't remove them.<br><br>Of course, only try it at your own risk. If it eats a hole in your screen, clear through to the other side of your Casio, then don't blame me! :) Same thing if it voids the warrantee, or causes Casio's stock value to plunge in the Japanese stock market... you get the idea.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Creacher » Apr 14, 2001 @ 2:45pm

Oh wow, you guys need some Plastic Screen Protectors!<br><br>Get em at office max or something! they are awesome, no scratches!<br><br>/me hugs "Concept Kitchen's Write-Right screen covers"
Creacher

Postby Jaybot » Apr 14, 2001 @ 7:04pm

I remember reading somewhere on dale coffing's site that if you used teeth whitening tooth paste it can smooth out the scratches..... you can try that. :)  
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Otto M. » Apr 14, 2001 @ 9:46pm

I don't (luckily) have any scratches on my new Ipaq, but i bought recently a new Sony's display for my PC (it cost little over 7000 Finnish marks, so it's about 1100 dollars or something), but it has a scratch. Has anyone any idea how to remove it or make it less noticeable?
Otto M.

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 14, 2001 @ 11:11pm

teeth whiting might work, it is an abrasive... The problem is it's an abrasive, i'd test it in a small corner of the screen first, don't make a small problem worse.
Moose or Chuck

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions