This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

similar to mp3?

similar to mp3?

Postby simonwc » Apr 2, 2001 @ 8:32pm

is there any music format that is similar to mp3( I mean quality) and doesn't cost that much space?<br>
simonwc
pm Member

Re: similar to mp3?

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 2, 2001 @ 9:04pm

Not really. Just re-encode an MP3 to a lower bitrate so it becomes smaller at the cost of quality. You may want to look into WMVs, but I greatly dislike them. They are small, but I'm positive (no matter who tells me) that they are of lower audio quality.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Apr 2, 2001 @ 10:42pm

Not true, WMA files are at the same quality as mp3s and take up less space most of the time.  Just download Windos Media Player 7 and it should automatically be able to rip songs into wma files and send them to your PPC.  
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Apr 3, 2001 @ 5:37am

Windows Media Video, Windows Media Audio.<br><br>Or, instead of downloading the entire WMP7, you could just download the encoder with WMtools, which is smaller.  But WMP7, has a much easier to use interface, and it seems faster to enocde multiple files to me.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby SonicSilicon » Apr 3, 2001 @ 12:47pm

Some clarification:<br>Download the Windows 95/98/ME version of Media Player 7. It includes the Windows Media Encoder which is needed to create WMA and WMV files. If you don't like the Media Player 7 interface, you can uninstall it and reload an earlier version (such as 6.4) The encoder will remain.
SonicSilicon
pm Member

similar to mp3?

Postby simonwc » Apr 3, 2001 @ 3:08pm

What the big different between WMV and WMA anyways?<br>
simonwc
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions