This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

cladDVD

cladDVD

Postby Jon Bhargava » Mar 22, 2001 @ 5:51am

This web site is fantastic & i am now feeling an overwhelming urge to rush out & buy an iPAQ & microdrive - unfortunately may have to save up a bit first<br>I tried following the instructions for DVD ripping<br>for the first time & am having some problems with cladDVD - it's probably just me but please help!!!<br><br>cladDVD has a problem looking for the 'decryption key' & then tells me it can't find the file ".<br><br>Please help<br><br>Cheers<br>Jon
Jon Bhargava

Re: cladDVD

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 22, 2001 @ 7:22am

Alright, say you want the Video file named:<br>C1_T12.end (sorry, I've forgotten the format of DVDs)<br>You'll also need to rip off the file named:<br>C1_T12.hld (sorry again, I've forgotten the extension of those DVD files.)<br>That second file with the same name, just a different extension holds indexing data. That's probably what clad is looking for.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jon Bhargava » Mar 22, 2001 @ 9:49am

Thanks, but those other files do not appear to be on the DVD -<br>should they be in my destination directory?<br>how can i get cladDVD to recognise them?
Jon Bhargava

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 22, 2001 @ 10:17am

They should be in the same directory as the video files. You'll need to rip them with the same DVD ripper that you used to take the files off the DVD. You can't just copy any files off a DVD, that doesn't work for some reason.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Chris Edwards » Mar 22, 2001 @ 12:25pm

Ok Jon,<br><br>This is what you want to do. Open up your DVD Player (WinDVD, PowerDVD, whatever you use). Than start to play the movie..... pause the movie... than open cladDVD. It should authenticate fine this time.<br><br>Your in Win2k right?<br>BTW. it's Vts_#_#.vob
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Dan East » May 6, 2001 @ 9:58pm

Okay, I've got a problem with cladDVD. Alright, it may not actually be a problem with cladDVD, but I've got a problem. :) After running cladDVD I've got a .vob file on my HDD. The problem is that the file contains what looks like interwoven chunks of video. If I play the resulting vob file, then it plays for like 10 seconds. Then it replays that first part with subtitiles. Then it replays with foreign language titles (not subtitles, but the actual movie title). Then it plays the next 10 seconds, etc. This behavior goes all the way through Flask to my output AVI. So I assume that cladDVD is supposed to break these other "views" up? I've tried all the various cladDVD options with no change. I only own one DVD, so I haven't verified it with others. :(<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Matt Keys » May 7, 2001 @ 6:47am

here is a picture of clad dvd and the file you will want to select. they are signified by the red lines next to them. Theses files will always be the biggest file on the dvd, and will start with vts_#_1.vob, then vts_#_2.vob, etc. when you have the files you want selected hit decrypt files. I hope this helps.<br><br>Image
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Dan East » May 7, 2001 @ 7:53am

Okay, it looks like it was actually working after the initial opening screen. There was a title "So and So Presents" which was in three languages. After that segment was over and the actual movie began then it was continuous as it should be.<br><br>Next question :). In Flask the lowest quality PCM audio output I can select is 44khz. Is that how you guys encode your audio?<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dan East » May 7, 2001 @ 8:13am

Okay, another question. In the HowTo it says to set the bitrate to 350 in TMPGEnc for iPaq. Do you leave the quality slider at 50?<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Chris Edwards » May 7, 2001 @ 11:23am

new dvd howto coming out today or tomorrow :).. i suggest you wait.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Matt Keys » May 7, 2001 @ 3:32pm

In case you are anything like me and dont want to wait(although the new hot-to will give better results) Here is the answer to your questions. Yes, I keep the audio at 44khz. In TMPGEnc you can set the audio rate to be 32khz but I have never tried this and it may effect the sync between video and audio. Try encoding just a few minutes of the movie to test. About the quality level being at 50, that is a personally preference on size and quality. I prefer a better quality and bigger size. So I put the slider at 100. Of course you can put it at 75 or so to get a little of both. Hope that helps.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 7, 2001 @ 4:53pm

Changing the frequency to 32khz will have no effect on sound and video syncing. It would slightly lower the size of the file, but at a larger hit to the audio quality, as it only encodes up to that frequency, meaning less... let me think... high pitched sounds.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Matt Keys » May 7, 2001 @ 5:41pm

Hmm....smartass
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby 999 » May 7, 2001 @ 6:42pm

pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 7, 2001 @ 9:29pm

Moose or Chuck

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions