This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Casio EM-500 Hard Reset

Casio EM-500 Hard Reset

Postby Raven » Mar 8, 2001 @ 10:22pm

Can anyone tell me how I can do a Hard Reset to my Pocket PC. I have a Casio EM-500. I screwed up my registry. I have it backed up on my PC, but I can't connect to it because the part I messed up is the connections part of the Registry. I need help, it is starting to make me mad.
Raven

Re: Casio EM-500 Hard Reset

Postby Chris Edwards » Mar 9, 2001 @ 12:55am

What I always do is pull both the backup and primary battery out for a few seconds. You will loss everything on your Casio. It will be like it just came from the factory.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby SonicSilcion » Mar 9, 2001 @ 12:37pm

Most units allow a hard reset without opening the unit. To do so you hold the reset down then press the power button.<br><br>On a Cassiopeia the easiest way to do this is to take out the stylus, hold the unit with your left hand so that the index finger is poised over the power button, use your right hand to press the sylus tip in to the reset hole, and turn on the power with your left index finger.<br><br>Be very glad you have a backup. Reinstalling software is such a pain.
SonicSilcion

Postby SonicSilicon » Mar 9, 2001 @ 12:39pm

D'oh! That last response was by me.
SonicSilicon
pm Member

Postby Raven » Mar 9, 2001 @ 8:10pm

k thank you very much, the removing battery idea worked perfect. I was afraid I might have had to take it apart. I wasn't worried about losing what I had stored in memory since I backed it up on my PC. Thanks again!
Raven

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 9, 2001 @ 8:10pm

well you just cheated yourself out of a star ;) I have 4 now, i am so proud! The first with 4! 8)
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Chris Edwards » Mar 9, 2001 @ 10:30pm

Dan, I'm also noticing this. <br><br>Please keep the posts on topic. If you are going to make a joke please have some real content that is relevent to the post in it.<br><br>I don't want to ban/warn anyone, now do I? :)<br><br>Last modification: Chris Edwards - 03/09/01 at 19:30:41
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 10, 2001 @ 8:44am

Dr. Phat, you don't get the Moosy Seal of Moosiness.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 10, 2001 @ 8:46am

Time to mark this momentus milestone. I now have 4 STARS!!! Who's the moose now Phat?
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 10, 2001 @ 9:00am

shhh...you heard what chris and dan said, we'll have to start an awards thread. ps, you are the moose
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 10, 2001 @ 9:03am

geez, dan- it took me 3 hours to figure out how to do a hard reset! i even had to stoop to my lowest level...and call tech support! now you just tell him! anyway- the card backup thing on my Casio e-125 doesnt work AT ALL! i mean sure, the data is still there, but i have to rename ny AvantGo account, and rename my syncing thing... it really sucks. info on how to get my old AvantGo account back would be valued.
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 11, 2001 @ 7:06am

Lol.. all your posts are gone Dr. Phat ;D
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 12, 2001 @ 4:28pm

thats what you think moose!
Mike Greene
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 13, 2001 @ 8:48am

Hey, I'm going to be a moderator any hour now, so HA. And I got the offer before you did, I think. But I haven't been online to talk to Chris yet.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Mar 13, 2001 @ 3:28pm

Okay, maybe I'm totally unique in this respect, but let me explain my little routine. I pull up PocketMatrix's boards, and look for little NEW! icons. I see one, and think "Oh good! Another Useful Tidbit To Read" or "Maybe I Can Help Somebody Out Today". So I go into the thread entitled "Casio EM-500 Hard Reset", or "Insert Any Other Real Topic Here", and get to read absolutely worthless off-topic banter. Is this happening to anyone else, or just me?<br><br>Dan East<br>[Phat Comment] Dan, these "tidbits" relate to the posts.  although they might not directly relate to the  posts, I think that they are perfectly jsutified in being there! 8)Last modification: Dr. Phat - 03/13/01 at 12:28:39
Dan East
Site Admin

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions