This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Pocket NES

Pocket NES

Postby k » Apr 21, 2001 @ 6:41pm

Hey everybody, I was just wondering about Pocket NES. Is that program still being developed, or is it dead. I have the first version, but never saw any updates. I'm out of the loop.<br><br>k
k
pm Member

Re: Pocket NES

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 21, 2001 @ 9:18pm

It's dead, just visit the homepage and find out for yourself.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 22, 2001 @ 1:30am

hmmm... thats depressing.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Apr 23, 2001 @ 2:54am

Well, atleast PocketGB is still being worked on, and adding SegaMS and GameGear to it's emulation lineup (along with it's GB and NES already). :)  Too bad it's just not as good as the seperate emus yet (i.e. PalmGB ,PocketNES, most likely UnicornMG..) :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 23, 2001 @ 9:43am

what is this unicornMS is that for sega, is it for mips, i wanna play?!
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Apr 23, 2001 @ 10:08am

UnicornMG was a Sega Master System and GameGear emulator that was written for MIPS (and SH3, I think) H/PCs written by Jimmy software.  However, Jimmy discontinued it and pretends like it does not exist now.  It runs perfectly fine on PsPCs and PPCs with MIPS.  Good luck finding it, although you're chuck, so I'm sure you'll find it SOMEwhere. :D
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 23, 2001 @ 10:21am

does that mean it wasn't free crap, nobody's gonna have that old <insert w word here>
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Apr 24, 2001 @ 1:45pm

IIIIII have it. :D
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 25, 2001 @ 3:53pm

does it run good? you should send it to me :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 25, 2001 @ 8:19pm

Chuck, tell me when you acquire this piece of software.
Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » May 5, 2001 @ 5:47pm

Unicorn is balls, simply put. I can't see why anyone would pay for it, and I doubt anyone has. You can find it as a defacto "CEWarez" file if you know where to look, but even then, save your time :)<br><br>According to a programmer who has worked with Jimmy, he (Jimmy) has, a new emulator suite coming out. I heard this over 4 months ago though, and the programmer has since then, gone to do his own things contrary to what his EMU agreement was with Jimmy. <br><br>I guess only time will tell I suppose. 'Till then, PocketGB is off the hook with Module support :D<br>Last modification: 999 - 05/05/01 at 14:47:44
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 5, 2001 @ 5:49pm

i don't like jimmy software, they release a game, then as much as people moan ang groan about gameplay or glitches they never fix crap. THey make nice LOOKING games, but gameplay on all of their games leave something to be desired. You can only remake galaxa so many times before its dead. Maybe its time they stopped preforming CPR.
Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » May 5, 2001 @ 6:24pm

TurjahII is a really good game, it pisses me off they watered it down. I made quite a few posts in the days of it's release curtialing game strategies, including the the second boss which people had problems on.<br><br>Believe it or not, Jimmy did actually have an original game in the works. It was a puzzle game called boyo-ball, and had characters that looked like they were straight outta the movie A Bug's Life. It got canned, or put on hold for J-Five unfortunately.<br><br>
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 5, 2001 @ 6:39pm

ya turjah 2 adds some orginallity with the peopl coming from behind, btw that was in 1943 the like first shooting game ever :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby 999 » May 5, 2001 @ 7:58pm

No, there was 1942, but even that isn't the first of it's kind.<br><br>I'm not sure who exactly invented the "scrolling shooter", but it's a safe bet their influence was Galaga. Afterall, that's all the basic premise was, Galaga with more emphasis on attack waves and patterns, only repackaged with a scrolling background to, in effect, create a new genre.<br><br>The flanking enemies in TurjahII are great, but even that technique came from Galaga. <br><br>Still, Jimmy did a great job, and like Galaga, the fun is what counts.<br>
pm Member

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions