This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

WinAMP for Pocket PC

WinAMP for Pocket PC

Postby Warren » Apr 25, 2001 @ 3:44pm

I use Media Player more often than any other program on my pocket pc. But there is some things that I am not satisfied about the program. I put the volume all the way up, but it just isn't loud enough (on the bus, sometimes I have to listen hard to hear the music, it's not my headphones, I've used many). Also, there's no bass, treble, etc settings (I need more bass!!). And though we all love to show off our pocket pcs, I would like those colored bars that go up and down with the volume of different settings to look at (and show off). In other words, I WANT WINAMP FOR POCKET PC! WinAMP isn't available for pocket pc, but other mp3 players are, so does anyone know of a WinAMP-like mp3 player (free) for pocket pc? Thanks.
Warren
pm Insider

Re: WinAMP for Pocket PC

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 25, 2001 @ 3:51pm

well half the problem is the amplifier your ppc isn't strong enough to pump out much more power. Yes WMP is lacking in audio functions, but its good for what it is. I believe there are some better MP3 players out there but i'm not quite sure.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » Apr 26, 2001 @ 7:02am

http://www.conduits.com/ce/player/<br><br>thats got quite a few extra options, never used it though
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Warren » Apr 26, 2001 @ 3:42pm

I was thinking about that, but it doesn't have what I'm looking. I want those moving lines that go up and down,(like this- http://www.xplodsony.com/home/ ) and settings for bass and treble. Plus, that one is called PalmPlayer.
Warren
pm Insider

Postby Warren » May 2, 2001 @ 2:59pm

Come on people, respond! Is there anyway to port WinAMP? I'm currently learning C++, but am far from porting or writing games.
Warren
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 2, 2001 @ 4:37pm

They make an amplifier that plugs into the headphone set which increases the volumn by 100%. It also has multiple headphone out plugs so if two people are watching a movie or want to listen to an MP3 they can. I saw it in a magazine, forgot what it was called, and don't know who makes it. I just threw away that magazine yesterday, sorry.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » May 2, 2001 @ 4:44pm

yeah i've been to their site. it had some stupid name invloving 'boom' i seem to remember...
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 2, 2001 @ 6:28pm

Ya, it had a B in it for sure.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Warren » May 3, 2001 @ 4:53pm

Ok, before I do anything, I want to know that, if I download WinAMP for Win32 to my normal desktop PC, can I modify the .mp3 songs (blast the bass!) and save it to the .mp3 file, and transfer it to my pocket PC, and use normal Windows Media Player to listen to the songs, and have them with a lot of bass? I could also increase the volume with WinAMP. Is this possible? Thanks.
Warren
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » May 3, 2001 @ 6:01pm

Sure, you don't even need winamp for that... but that will just distort the sound and sound like shit. Hav eyou checked out<br><br>http://www.beatnik.com/software/player_pocketpc.html<br><br>or<br><br>http://40th.com/wce/iplay/<br><br>Those should be what you're looking for. :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Warren » May 4, 2001 @ 9:11am

The Beatnik Pocket PC player is exactly what I want, only one problem, I have a Casio EM-500, and it's only for the iPAQ!!! AHH!!!
Warren
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » May 4, 2001 @ 11:00am

Yeah, I know it is even capable of running on a MIPS processor, look at the spec sheet, they're just too damn lazy to compile it.  maybeif you email 'em and ask them nicely?
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Warren » May 4, 2001 @ 1:21pm

They say that it's complaint with the MIPS processor, so it [i]should[i/] work. I'll try putting it on my Casio when I get home.
Warren

Postby Jaybot » May 6, 2001 @ 5:43pm

nononononoonono don't do that, it's not compiled for the MIPS processor, only the arm, it won't work.  They have to compile it for the MIPS processor, and the only people who can do that is them.  
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Warren » May 7, 2001 @ 9:14am

I know, I tried it :-) I e-mailed them, and they're working on it. In the mean time, I got new headphones, designed for increased volume (hits the eardrum prefectly), so volume isn't a problem anymore.
Warren
pm Insider

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions