This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Ipaq Recalls? Quality control defects?

Ipaq Recalls? Quality control defects?

Postby macabre » May 17, 2001 @ 2:59pm

Who knows about the Ipaq recalls that came out at the start of this year? I picked up some information from various Ebay listings that advertise "post recall 4G13 models". I currently own a 4G12 ipaq 3650, and wonder if my Ipaq may be prone to some of the defects - such as the supposed "flipped screen" event, and the dust under the screen. Also, if anyone can help me find a solid, respectable site that describes the recalls, that would be nice - as I said, I've basically been piecing together information from Ebay. Thanks.
macabre

Re: Ipaq Recalls? Quality control defects?

Postby Chris Edwards » May 17, 2001 @ 7:36pm

I don't believe that there was a recall, only some units were affected by the "flip screen", and other defects. If you iPAQ is broke, Compaq will fix it or replace it. They didn't do a huge recall or anything.. And yes, the 4G12 should be fine from any of the defects.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions