This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

HP's Linux PPC

HP's Linux PPC

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 21, 2001 @ 9:16pm

My dear friends over at LegionHardware.com have some interesting, and exclusive (not any more ;D ), . It features a StrongArm processor running at 133MHz, 8 bit Greyscale screen, and all the usual lower than low qualities of a HP Handheld. Two good things about this device make up for the poor specs. It features a Linux OS, and it's priced at 200 AU$, which I'm estimating at 140 U$. Last modification: Moose Master - 04/21/01 at 18:16:56
Moose or Chuck

Re: HP's Linux PPC

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 22, 2001 @ 5:55am

theres no screen shot wtf
Moose or Chuck

Postby Village_Ideot » Apr 22, 2001 @ 9:25am

Hmm.. optional CRADLE??!!!!
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby Russell » Apr 22, 2001 @ 10:48pm

Mate, I dont have a screenie of it.. soz.. they are specs rite from the horses (hp's) mouth!
Russell

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 23, 2001 @ 2:46am

The LegionHardware guys don't know much about PPCs as you can tell from some of the things they said (they thought 133 was fast). Who needs screenshots anyway? All HP designs are the same and you can imagine and console prompt on the screen.<br><br>Hey Russell. I didn't know you knew about this place. Do you have many PocketPC users over in Australia?Last modification: Moose Master - 04/22/01 at 23:46:05
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 23, 2001 @ 10:26am

well, on palms the cradle is optional they givve you a hotsync cord anyways, so i don't really find a need in a 'cradle' but hey i don't own a palm nor do i care.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Danny » Apr 25, 2001 @ 8:31pm

Not to cast aspersions on the reliability of this guy's source, but this sounds fairly unlikely to me.<br><br>For starters, AUD$200 is more like USD$100 than USD$140.  That's a very cheap PDA, especially considering the development effort HP would have to put into all the apps and drivers apparently on it.<br><br>But hey, if it turns out, great.  <br><br>We do have a fair few Pocket PC users down here btw - I'd say the market share between Palm and Pocket to be about the same as in the US - a few more Psions around here though I think.
Danny

Postby Detroit Squirrel » May 3, 2001 @ 8:01am

I have a Jornada by HP. And I think it's the best handheld on the market! They just released the new 525, which is the lest expensive color pocket pc on the market ($359-U.S.)! Make mine the JORNADA!!
Detroit Squirrel

Postby Paul » May 3, 2001 @ 8:33am

Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 4, 2001 @ 3:05pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » May 4, 2001 @ 4:02pm

Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 4, 2001 @ 7:11pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 4, 2001 @ 8:03pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 4, 2001 @ 8:16pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby USUCK » May 14, 2001 @ 1:40am

USUCK

Next

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions