This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Pocket Wolf3D 0.2 Released

Re: Pocket Wolf3D 0.2 Released

Postby Paul » Dec 8, 2001 @ 7:34pm

if moose stops insulting people, i'll become a born-again christian.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby NYIllustrator » Dec 8, 2001 @ 7:39pm

lol, ok back on topic..any updates on how the registered version is coming together Dan?

NYIllustrator
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Dec 8, 2001 @ 11:01pm

Paul, really? I'll stop if you start.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Dec 9, 2001 @ 12:07am

Some people will say anything for the shock-value. Thank God I can actually produce things that impress, instead of having to resort to such tactics.<br><br>Davinci, it's completely playable. Just some minor issues to round out, like the in-game instruction manual. I need to chat with you about the registered version, so maybe I'll catch you online tomorrow.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby suchiaruzu » Dec 15, 2001 @ 10:08pm

Okay, Moose. Your German is pretty okay, although there are only 2 or 3 correct words in your post. My German is still superior to yours, so let me tell you: I have discussed the whole thing with Randall. The buttons are all correct - except for "ENDEN", which should say "ENDE".<br>"FEUER" is more of a military form of "SCHIEßEN". Of course you could say "SCHIEßEN", but "FEUER" is way better. And "SCHIEß" is the imperative, meaning "SHOOT". Sounds a bit stupid, IMHO.<br>In the next version, Randall will change it to "ENDE" and everything will be just fine, okay? :)
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby randall » Dec 16, 2001 @ 2:20am

LOL, how did I say this before say this to Moose before?<br><br>oh yeah. shut up, dork.<br><br>The point is,  I had discussed this with Eike long before I made the interface. So you can take all your high-school German and cram it up yur ass.<br>
randall
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Dec 16, 2001 @ 8:28am

"So you can take all your high-school German and cram it up yur ass."<br><br>yeah, he went to BabelFish High...
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Village_Ideot » Dec 16, 2001 @ 11:58pm

Es gibt eine Feier in meiner Hose<br>
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby Darren Kitchen » Dec 17, 2001 @ 3:25am

!AUCHTUNG!<br><br>maybe im wrong but last i checked 'der feuer' meant 'the leader', and was what the nazis called hitler.<br><br>ich spreche ein bishen deutsch aber es ist nicht so gut.
Darren Kitchen

Postby randall » Dec 17, 2001 @ 3:52am

Look. Let me put it really simple so that even Moose can understand.<br><br>Bjorn Eike Schwarz (Shapeshifter) was born, raised and currently STILL LIVES in Germany. He is a close friend, and if he told me to put "Moosemeister schlappen der weiner"  on the Wolf interface, I'd do it.<br><br>So any more confusion on where the hell "feuer" came from and its proper usage? I am sure it has many meanings, but in the context of an Wolfenstein 3D interface, I doubt there is room for confusion.<br><br>- and I know that psuedo-german above isn't a real german phrase. I just wanted to illustrate the fact that Eike knows what he is talking about, and I trust his judgement.<br><br>"Moosemeister schlappen der weiner"<br><br>just wanted to say it one more time.<br><br>
randall
pm Insider

Postby Bjorn Keizers » Dec 17, 2001 @ 8:03am

I live in the Netherlands, close to the german border. We get German in school, so i'll set the record straight.<br><br>Feuer means Fire or shoot, depending on your context.<br><br>The german word for leader is Fuhrer, [or der Fuhrer] which as someone pointed out was what they called Hitler.
Bjorn Keizers

Postby Avenger » Dec 17, 2001 @ 3:05pm

lol, it's really funny for a german to watch you trying to write in german. (I think it's also funny for you to see a german writing english)<br>Bjorn Keizers is right with his translations...<br>The nazis called Hitler "Fuehrer", but I don't know why. They were all fanatics...
Avenger
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Dec 20, 2001 @ 3:25pm

Woh, I'm sorry I was trying to be slightly proper. If Shape says it is, then I'm sure a 15-17 year old knows everything about his own language anyway. Just like how Paul 'mispells' things and Matt's 'grammer' is horrible.<br><br>And I did not use your little BabelDike, Paul. It just so happens that I'm in German III Honors right now. I admit I'm better at reading and translating than speaking or writing German, but I'm alright at it. I still say it's Sheiss :).Last modification: MooseMaster - 12/20/01 at 12:25:01
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Dec 20, 2001 @ 3:27pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby TBone » Dec 20, 2001 @ 3:42pm

3V1L L337 H3150
TBone
pm Member

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Wolf

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this port by Dan East of the original Wolf game.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions