This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Monkey Island 2...

Postby andys » Jan 20, 2002 @ 3:09am

andys
pm Member

DOTT

Postby slippygod » Jan 20, 2002 @ 3:28am

slippygod

Postby andys » Jan 20, 2002 @ 3:32am

andys
pm Member

Mmm...scummy, scummy...

Postby Dapper UK » Jan 20, 2002 @ 7:36am

I have to say thanx Andy for porting SCUMM to PocketPC.. Monkey Island (1&2) are my favourite games ever and it's great to be able to play it on my ipaq. Cheers!

P.s About the mouse problem: Would it be possible to create a small transparent sprite to simulate the mouse pointer? Users could drag it about like a mouse pointer and you could split the top half of the sprite into two parts, for use as left & right mouse buttons. Taps on other parts of the screen could still work as a left click. - Anyway, just an idea! I know it's probably too long-winded!

Thanx anyway 4 the port (& the original's author!)
Dapper UK

Postby Jaybot » Jan 20, 2002 @ 8:47am

of course, I have a manly patchset :) but i doubt it would be legal to distribute the kind of patches i have... i also doubt people would really want 40MB of patches just for sound ;)

and the adlib music is oldskool, and the original way we all heard it, so it'd proly be best if you can do it that way. so please do :)

and dammit, it already looks like we're going to need a faq (that no one will read), as i've seen the same dang questions popping up after only 4 pages already.... laziness, pfft. ;)
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby xHUNTERx » Jan 20, 2002 @ 9:15am

Slippygod i was having this problem earlier during the day, all you do is delete the monster.sou file, and it'll work.
xHUNTERx

Postby Guest » Jan 20, 2002 @ 9:17am

by the way can anyone tell me the names of the set of files in monkey island 1? it seems like i have a set of files that's not named properly for pocketscumm.

Postby andys » Jan 20, 2002 @ 2:02pm

Yeah, adlib sounds better. I've got the manly patchset that Debian distribute as timidity-patches and that was... okay, and I leeched something else from the net, and that was better, but I don't (unfortunately) think it's distributable.

The adlib code is based on some soundcode from MAME that the author of scummvm modified for scummvm, but it seems a little slow, I might see if MAMECE has a faster one.
andys
pm Member

Postby kke » Jan 20, 2002 @ 2:03pm

right click could be implemented using a hardware button for "shift"-effect
kke

Implementing keyboard / game specific stuff

Postby Batfink » Jan 20, 2002 @ 2:20pm

In landscape, which should be the default view once we're up to speed, there is a 40 pixel gap across the bottom (all the games originally ran in 320x200). This would be an ideal place for a small panel containing common controls. eg. skip section, save, exit, right click (and maybe a little icon to show the picture of the cursor - especially useful for samnmax). Just a thought. btw, if you need someone to draw one, I'll be more than pleased :)

Great port btw! I'm playing dott to death over here, loving every minute :)
Batfink

Postby Blade » Jan 20, 2002 @ 3:49pm

yeah i agree with you batfink :D
Quake Rulez :D
Blade
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Jan 20, 2002 @ 3:50pm

Batfink, that's where the keyboard will go :)
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Guest » Jan 20, 2002 @ 5:01pm

Postby andys » Jan 20, 2002 @ 5:05pm

andys
pm Member

Postby Guest » Jan 20, 2002 @ 5:29pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Scumm

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this port of ScummVM for the Pocket PC.

Moderators:

sponge, Arisme, andys

Forum permissions