This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

LoomCD dissolves and missing dialogue

LoomCD dissolves and missing dialogue

Postby pelago » Jul 20, 2004 @ 4:38pm

I'm just trying LoomCD (256 colour version) on 0.60 on my Axim X5 400MHz 64MB. The 'dissolves' (kinda like a fade but done with stipples instead of pallette changes, if you know what I mean) when moving from one scene to another are very slow (about 3 or 4 times slower than they should be). They are fine on Win32 version of 0.60.

I could live with the problem if it wasn't for one thing - when someone has a line of dialogue immediately after a dissolve (which is quite common in cutscenes) then that line of dialogue disappears from the screen sooner than it should, without time to read it.

I assume this is because the game is trying to keep up with the CD audio, which continues during the dissolve. However, I'm playing the game without audio (I don't have much room on my device, and I would prefer to play in the quiet anyway), so I don't need such synchronisation.

Is it possible to either speed up the dissolves, remove them entirely (so it just flicks from one scene to the next) in a game-specific hack, or pauses the 'audio' (even if no audio file is present) while dissolving so that no dialogue is lost on-screen?

I hope I have explained this ok. Let me know if you need more info.
pelago

Postby Arisme » Jul 20, 2004 @ 5:23pm

I think they're so slow because they'll do a lot of full screen updates in a row ... either that or a timer problem, I didn't check, but it won't be easy to fix. Guess I'll add an option to remove them completly when I'll have some time to work on ScummVM ...
Arisme
pm Insider

Postby pelago » Jul 21, 2004 @ 10:04am

pelago

Return to Pocket Scumm

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this port of ScummVM for the Pocket PC.

Moderators:

sponge, Arisme, andys

Forum permissions