This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Monkey Island 2...

Monkey Island 2...

Postby NYIllustrator » Jan 18, 2002 @ 9:04am

Just read on Pocketgamer.org, that someone ported a scummv to casio only, and it currently runs mokey island 2. The source is available so someone could prt this easily to other devices and it even has the potential to run Day of the Tentacle and Sam and max!

NYIllustrator
pm Insider

Postby andys » Jan 18, 2002 @ 4:27pm

andys

Postby NYIllustrator » Jan 18, 2002 @ 7:18pm

I'd be glad to test the arm version for you, Ill be away this weekend, without internet accsess but Ill be back on monday and if you have it coded by then Ill gladly test it. Send me an email over the weekend and let me know if you wish.

NYIllustrator
pm Insider

Postby Blade » Jan 18, 2002 @ 8:05pm

so you can gzip the files ?
Quake Rulez :D
Blade
pm Member

jornada

Postby billcow » Jan 18, 2002 @ 9:41pm

I have a Jornada 548, I'm in the process of downloading bzip2 so I can try it out. I'll let you know how it works.

The Jornada 525 probably failed to work because it uses an 256-color display. This obviously isn't a problem as far as porting goes (after all, all these SCUMM games originally used 256-color if not 16-color), but you would need to figure out all the palette code, and AFAIK there isn't much documentation about that.
billcow
pm Member

Postby billcow » Jan 18, 2002 @ 10:40pm

Nope, doesn't work. This might be because I'm using monkey island 1 instead of mi2 (i renamed the files though, someone on pocketgamer said that worked). I couldn't find the mi2 disks, when I can, I'll try again.
billcow
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Jan 18, 2002 @ 11:31pm

great stuff andys! would be cool if you could add me either on MSN or AIM Messenger!
-Shape
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby andys » Jan 19, 2002 @ 1:39am

andys

Postby andys » Jan 19, 2002 @ 4:48am

andys

Postby Dan East » Jan 19, 2002 @ 5:29am

Dan East
Site Admin

Postby NYIllustrator » Jan 19, 2002 @ 9:03am

NYIllustrator
pm Insider

PocketSCUMM

Postby tMB » Jan 19, 2002 @ 12:56pm

This is the most greatest Stuff that one has ever done for PocketPC
tMB

Postby ausindo » Jan 19, 2002 @ 1:00pm

hey i tried it on my toshiba e570 and it works fine, guess like it also works for pocket pc 2002, anyway, just one problem, i installed sam n max on it, and you remember playing sam n max you right click and you can change from use, look, pick up and etc. same thing as full throttle hey will that work on pocketscum? thing is, using the stylus there is no pointer to change options, so it is difficult, you have to press tab and guess what option you are using, so how do you reckon you guys can fix that? seeing that the rest of lucas arts game have options where you choose. anyway i'll let you figure it out, but anyway great job with the porting i will be checking out other lucas art games that will work on this program.
ausindo

Postby Jaybot3 » Jan 19, 2002 @ 1:06pm

why does everything have to be a huge ordeal to you, and be explained in detail before you try it out? do you read the instructions to everything before trying it out? i guess thats the reason why they have instructions on soap packages now. :)

geez.

its an exe file that runs as long as you have the original exe files and the .000 and .001 etc files for each game, e.g. monkey.exe, monkey.000, monkey.001
and they have to be in the same directory

so far, i have it running monkey1 CD ver., monkey2, dott demo and full version and samnmax demo.

i believe this was mostly explained on the pocketscumm site, why dont you check there?
Jaybot3

Postby Paul » Jan 19, 2002 @ 1:17pm

holy scumm, batman! whens it out on sh3? this fucking rocks! woohoo!
Paul
pm Insider

Next

Return to Pocket Scumm

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this port of ScummVM for the Pocket PC.

Moderators:

sponge, Arisme, andys

Forum permissions