This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Make custom levels NOW :-)

Postby Rirath » Apr 3, 2002 @ 5:20am

Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for putting it out there. I wouldn't worry about the lack of response, there's simply been little reason to stop by the boards lately. Besides that, anyone who's like me would normally wait until he's actually tried the thing before commenting on it.

Thanks for continuing work on Snails though, it's much appreciated.
Rirath
pm Member

Postby Robotbeat » Apr 3, 2002 @ 5:32am

How about an executable for the Pocket PC?
Die, Palm, Die. If that offended you, then get rid of your Palm OS device.
Robotbeat
pm Member

Postby NYIllustrator » Apr 3, 2002 @ 7:13am

ill one up that..I have illustrator, perfect for these type of graphics.

NYIllustrator
pm Insider

Postby randall » Apr 3, 2002 @ 8:29am

randall
pm Insider

Postby randall » Apr 3, 2002 @ 10:26am

If you want to test the ZBM tools, here are the original BMPs from La Mere de vos. Drown_bg.bmp is the background, and Drown_fg.bmp is the foreground (duh). Also included is the mini-pic, drown_sm.bmp, from map selection screen.

Download them at http://www.devastation3.com/randall/sna ... /drown.zip
randall
pm Insider

Postby andys » Apr 3, 2002 @ 4:00pm

andys
pm Member

Postby R0B » Apr 4, 2002 @ 12:47am

Now, here is the question. (well, a statement first). There are many people out there, me being one of them, who are lousing at art. So, is it possible to make new senarios? Here is my sugestion (only a sugestion, although I think that it is a damn good one). How about adding a fourth option, where you choose what difficulty (basicly what team you want to play as) that could be for custom level sets, and then there would be a list of all of the level sets avalible and you could chose from those. You could even allow the user to set what image goes in there for the pic shown.
"1011001010 NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" -Bender
R0B
got muffins?

Postby Jaybot » Apr 4, 2002 @ 5:08am

-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Robotbeat » Apr 4, 2002 @ 5:26am

Die, Palm, Die. If that offended you, then get rid of your Palm OS device.
Robotbeat
pm Member

Postby » Apr 4, 2002 @ 7:56am

:( Okay, i'm currently stuck in a hotel room overnight and was planning on doing a little coding on my PPC project, but my flippin' Ipaq's battery is dead & i forgot the charger! So instead, to escape boredom, i decided to play about & try creating a Snails level. I spent 30 minutes making a level from scratch... and then realised i can't even test it or play it! (Doh!) And i'm not even gonna be home until tomorrow night... :(

So if anyone would like to do me a favour by downloading it and playing it, the link below is for the zipfile. Just extract all the files into the Snails directory on the PPC, and start up Snails. If anyone does try it, lemme know if it works perfectly please! :)

Small thumbnail of level (can't see stars & other stuff):Image
Last edited by on Apr 4, 2002 @ 10:28am, edited 1 time in total.
Xen Games

Postby mc9625 » Apr 4, 2002 @ 9:24am

mc9625

Postby Guest » Apr 4, 2002 @ 9:52am

Postby Peter Balogh » Apr 4, 2002 @ 4:41pm

Peter Balogh
pm Insider

Postby » Apr 4, 2002 @ 5:20pm

Really?! I haven't even tried it yet, i still haven't got back home yet to charge my Ipaq.

That was kinda fun though, but i don't think i'll even get a spare moment to do more (or continue that one even), unless i get stuck somewhere else with nothing to do...
Xen Games

Postby randall » Apr 4, 2002 @ 9:59pm

Thats definately one of the appealing things is that these scenes are so cartoonish. I know many people who can draw cartoons, but very few that can handle photorealism.

Looking at games like Sam n Max and Day of the Tentacle would be a good place to start if you are looking for inspiration. Also looking at the current crop of games on PC and Console, you'll see a huge leap to bolder and brighter colors. Snails images start with a 24-bit palette, so you have quite a range there- I decided to take advantage of that.

My cartoons have always tried to stay away from hard, straight lines, too. In the Farmyard scene and Sluj Mahal, you'll see the buildings are extrememly warped. That doesn't mean you can't use straight lines though, especially if that is your specific style.

A good place for me to start was rough sketching onto paper, and then scan that into my computer. Using that scanned image as a background, I had an organisation of scale and position. Plus those freehand lines gave me a reference where to draw my computerized lines.

I'll try out that scene in a little bit. I can't wait! :)
randall
pm Insider

PreviousNext

Return to Snails

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this game based on the popular computer game "Worms".

Moderators:

sponge, Jaybot, hockeydude, Peter Balogh

Forum permissions