This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Whats up with the Multiplayer?

Whats up with the Multiplayer?

Postby hockeydude » Aug 22, 2003 @ 11:15pm

Ok, today me and a friend tried to play Snails over a WiFi connection. We were both connected via Ad-Hoc, but for some reason we could not play Snails against each other. One would set up the game and but the game was never visible on the connection screen. We tried multiple times with no luck! I thought Snails was supposed to work over a Lan Connection?!?! We were really looking forward to playing it during Study Halls and such! Is there any possible was to just release a quick fix for this or is it something that we were doing wrong? Has anyone else had any success over a Peer to Peer WiFi??
hockeydude
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Aug 23, 2003 @ 2:27pm

Its been awhile... let me load it up......

Okay.

From what I remember, you have one person select Death Match, then Mutil Snailer, click on start, pick your teams and money etc, then click on done, then select your level, then click done again. It should take you to a screen that says connecting, pleas wait.

Now, the second player can start the game, go into deathmatch, then select multi snailer, you should see the first players name and level in the box to the left (where it says select a game to join), if not, tap the search button a couple times and it should show up*... then once you see it, tap on it and click on start., the game will then connect.

*If the game still does not show up, then you have something wrong with your ad-hoc connection, make sure you are both set to the same channel AND your SSID are both set to the exact same name (anything but the word ANY).

In fact, I just played a pvp game versus my roommate today, so I know it works just fine :D
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby hockeydude » Aug 23, 2003 @ 6:22pm

Thanks a lot Jaybot! I will get to try it again Monday.
hockeydude
pm Insider

Postby hockeydude » Aug 23, 2003 @ 6:22pm

Thanks a lot Jaybot! I will get to try it again Monday.
hockeydude
pm Insider

Hey

Postby Pkmn760 » Nov 16, 2003 @ 10:33pm

You guys seem to know what your talking about. So i need some help.

My friend has a laptop with a 802.11g Wifi card and i just got the ipaq h5555 with the 802.11b card. We tried to do a peer-to-peer connection but with no luck, this isn't really for the snails game yet, we just want to get ready for when it comes out for pc :) :D

Oh, and btw, can you guys explain what the ad-hoc and other terms mean?
Pkmn760

Postby sponge » Nov 16, 2003 @ 11:27pm

holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Return to Snails

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this game based on the popular computer game "Worms".

Moderators:

sponge, Jaybot, hockeydude, Peter Balogh

Forum permissions