This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Multiplayer in 2.0

Postby sponge » Aug 15, 2004 @ 1:14am

holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Postby Jaybot » Aug 15, 2004 @ 2:43am

Yeah, mulitplayer over the net still seems to work fine with 2002 devices and PC... its 2003 that have a problem.

This is because the 2003 devices have some really screwy things in it regarding the networking and internet compared to earlier ppcs.

Here's one of the hurdles that was already overcome:

Blah Blah blah.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby hockeydude » Aug 15, 2004 @ 2:30pm

hockeydude
pm Insider

Postby gregmills » Aug 18, 2004 @ 3:52am

I don't have any experience with this type of thing. How much of a priority will the development team put on fixing this. Are there programmers constantly working on improving Snails or does this get addressed in a queue with other PDA Mill development projects?

I guess what I'd really like to know is, will this be fixed and if so will it be a few days/weeks/months before we get an update that corrects the problem?

Thanks

Jaybot, I saw your name on the intro screen to Flux. Great work! I love that game.
gregmills
pm Member

Postby TheHelios » Aug 18, 2004 @ 4:04am

Its been a problem since multiplayer over a network was implemented. Very few, if any, have been able to play. I havent been able to play either.
TheHelios
pm Member

Location: Sugar Land!!! So, you wanna try and stalk me, eh? Well think again, Fool!

Postby Jaybot » Aug 18, 2004 @ 6:35am

I, and many have been able to play until the the 2003 devices came out. I can still play games using the PC beta and my ppc2002 And my ppc2000 (E-125) no problem.
The problem is that nobody was even connecting or trying to connect to do multiplayer until around the time wm2003 came out. I have played internet games of snails with randall, sponge, eike, peter, goro, and a few others that elude me at the moment. True story. And now Snails doesn't work with 2003 at all.

If anyone with a 2002 devices wants to try it, I'll keep my 2002 device connected to snails all day.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby hockeydude » Aug 18, 2004 @ 3:22pm

hockeydude
pm Insider

Postby gregmills » Aug 20, 2004 @ 5:34am

This is odd...

I have a wireless router. When I set it up I just plugged it in and let it do it's thing (other than securing it not broadcasting my SSID, Turning on WEP and MAC filtering). I didn't set up any networks. My e750 only conects to the Internet through the router. It can't map drives over on the PC.

And yet I can set up a game of Snails on my PC and connect to it from my Pocket PC. My PPC has been unable to connect to any other PPC even though it can set up games which show up on the waiting list on SnailsGame.com.

Here's my question... are my PPC and Desktop PC connecting directly even though I haven't set up any kind of network relationship between the two or is multiplayer gaming from WM2003 to XP over the Internet working?

Should I do some more testing and see if I can get my PPC to connect to someone elses remote PC?
gregmills
pm Member

Postby sponge » Aug 20, 2004 @ 5:57am

I think it connects over the local network too if it can.
holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Previous

Return to Snails

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this game based on the popular computer game "Worms".

Moderators:

sponge, Jaybot, hockeydude, Peter Balogh

Forum permissions