This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Moding Snails

Moding Snails

Postby Noginzflauger » Dec 29, 2004 @ 5:10am

Noginzflauger
pm Member

Postby hockeydude » Dec 29, 2004 @ 4:00pm

Adding new weapons and creating weapons is not the easiest process, but it can be done. If you do a search, im sure you will come up with a ton of info on how this works. If not, leave a message and i will see what I can find for you.
[url]http://snails.pocketmatrix.com[/url] The Snails Level Depot...For All your Snails Level Needs!
hockeydude
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Dec 29, 2004 @ 4:57pm

Mr. Temkin would be the one to contact about modding the weapons.

I mean... I'm sure I knew at one time. But that... was a long ... time ago.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Noginzflauger » Dec 29, 2004 @ 5:46pm

So... the .dat is really a .txt extension, only Snails recognizes .dat instead of .txt. I want to change the name of a weapon. Do I do this from here? Because I did and nothing seems to change.

Also, there seems to be a picture that corresponds with the weapon, where is this?

thanks
Noginzflauger
pm Member

Postby Guest » Dec 29, 2004 @ 5:53pm

Oh yeah, for the picture of the weapon, what are the requirements? ex. Dimensions, colors.

Postby com » Mar 29, 2005 @ 11:26pm

If you do some searching you should find Jaybot's link to the zbm's of the weapons used in Snails. These will give you a good idea of what is required, once you convert them to BMP. Simply, Use any colors you would like except for magenta which is reserved for transparent. As for dimensions, the frame strips can be as long as you need them to be, but the individual frames need to be square, as I understand it the program uses the height of the strip to judge the width of the idividual frames. These frames are named A,B,C ... by the program and that is what you use to write the animation sequence in the weapons.dat file. Hope this helps.
com
pm Insider

Postby com » Mar 29, 2005 @ 11:38pm

com
pm Insider

Return to Snails

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this game based on the popular computer game "Worms".

Moderators:

sponge, Jaybot, hockeydude, Peter Balogh

Forum permissions