This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Licensing question

Licensing question

Postby chaster » Jan 19, 2007 @ 5:24am

I sent an e-mail about this topic to develant, but I think Johan and team are quite busy lately, so perhaps someone else here will know the answer.

I am a licensee of Gapidraw 3.0x. I was happy to see the change in price & licensing terms (albeit a little bit irked because I had already shelled out $600+ for the original SINGLE platform license of Gapidraw 3.0 and there is no upgrade license pricing tier).

I am considering coming back to Gapidraw with the new license terms (big improvement!). However, I have some questions/concerns.

Does the new license include newer versions as they come out? I.e. if I license now, and then version 3.7 (or whatever) comes out next week, will my license be valid for that version as well? What about if it goes to 4.x or later? If not, will there be upgrade pricing available for existing licensees? If not, when will the next version come out and what are the major feature differences?

Here's my main concern - I don't want to shell out the big bucks for version 3.6 only to find out that a newer (& better) version comes out next week (or next month) and I have to pay another $600 (or more) to use that version.

Now, I think I'm a reasonable customer. I acknowledge the fact that Develant is entitled to making money on future improvements, but I think it would behoove them (and garner some customer loyalty) if they gave their existing customers a break. This is just plain old SMART business practice. If you look around, every other major company offers upgrade pricing. Doing so makes customers loyal to the product & the company. Not doing so encourages the customer to look elsewhere.

Eric
www.xenopi.com
Gaming For A Better World!
chaster
pm Member

Ah, forum search is a good thing

Postby chaster » Jan 19, 2007 @ 9:02am

www.xenopi.com
Gaming For A Better World!
chaster
pm Member

Return to GapiDraw

Sort

Forum Description

The Cross-platform Graphics SDK for Palms, Pocket PCs, Symbian Devices, and Stationary PCs.

Moderators:

sponge, Johan

Forum permissions