This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Tower Mogul Tips & Strategies

Tower Mogul Tips & Strategies

Postby egarayblas » Sep 10, 2003 @ 6:21am

Due to popular demand, here are a few game tips and strategies to help you breeze through the game and the latter levels. We will populate this list as we go along because by experimentation, you'll see more strategies as you play the game even more.

----------------------------------------------------

1. Levelling up easily. If you wish to get to 2 stars the fastest way, create lots of office units. They will give you more population but slow income.

2. Preparing for long-term. If you are the patient type, you will notice that constructing hotel rooms at one-star will get you enough money and average population. By the time you have enough money, do some combination of office and hotel units. Be wary though, that hotel units have higher maintenance costs.

3. Housekeepers! Hotel units are useless without housekeeping units. And housekeeping units are useless without service elevators so be sure to have money for all of them.

4. Burger Joint. Be sure to create a burger joint from the beginning because it helps you generate daily income.

5. Transit lay-out. Lay-out your elevator shafts, stairs, and escalators carefully. Virts' satisfaction gradually decreases as they transfer from one transit to another. Also, avoid having them pile up in queues. Sometimes having that extra lift will mean a lot to your tower rating.

6. Give 'em some parking! One of the most important and useable units in star level 2 are the parking slots and parking ramps. They provide higher satisfaction to your Virts and earn you extra income to boot. But don't put too much in your tower, you need to have some space for other basement-only units.

7. Don't get too excited. As soon as you reach 2 stars, you'll be given loads of new commercial units. Don't scatter them around your tower because most of these units will attract "outsider" Virts which will cause pile ups and long queues on your elevator shafts. Be sure to create extra floors for these commercial units. A good strategy would be to save the first 3 or 4 floors of your tower for commercial establishments.

8. Utilities. You will also be given security and maintenance facilities at 2 stars. Place them strategically near service elevator shafts. This will save them some time in case disasters suddenly strike your tower. As soon as you have enough money, be sure to upgrade them as well by using the unit info tool.

That's it for now. We'll be adding more as we go along. :D Feel free to post your own strategies as well!
-- home of the think & tap games!
egarayblas
pm Insider

Postby 10inchAssassin » Sep 11, 2003 @ 5:02am

Well hear is how I got to level three pretty fast, my third time around =-). I just build a whole lot of those double hotel rooms, not the singles because they usally have only 1 person in them, with the doubles you get 2-4 people in them increasing your population for the day and earing you more money. I build 12 stories of just hotel units( I save the bottom 4 floors for service units and shops), about 9 to eleven lobbys long. And then you get a nice income and a pretty high population, for the day and if you did this right you should reach over 300 population, if not expand on the tower a bit to raise the population. Once you get to the next level, 2 stars, 300 population. Build the units you need by a service elevator on the bottom 3 floors. I always put it on the bottom three but i suppose you could put them anywhere you want. Then build alot of apartment builds because they are alot cheaper than the condos and you can get population up fast. After about another 5 or so levels of apartments. By now you should have 600 to get to the next level. Also you can build all the new units you recieved on the designated floors. Also don't forget to get the need services units, like house keepers, I usually have 1 for every level but thats only when I get a steady income, 2 should be enough, the virts don't seem to mind living in dirty places, when I tried the first beta I didn't know how to clean the rooms but the virts just kept comming in :D . This may not work well but if you modify it a bit it may work. I am just thinking of this off the top of my head from how I play the game.
You don't have to Ax me, you can Ax'im. Go buy Tower Mogul at http://www.esoftinteractive.com/ppc-tm.html its a great game.
10inchAssassin
pm Member

Postby Krill » Sep 12, 2003 @ 1:18am

How do you clean the rooms? Mine stay dirty all the time...
Krill

Postby Guest » Sep 12, 2003 @ 1:40am

Hold the stylus on the room icon and you should see a cart. Build one of those units ( 4 spaces) and a service elevator next to it

Postby AizaDGreat » Sep 12, 2003 @ 2:38am

Got Game?
AizaDGreat
pm Insider

Postby suchiaruzu » Sep 12, 2003 @ 4:07pm

10inchassassin, meet my friend, the paragraph, and his dad, the return key.
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby 10inchAssassin » Sep 13, 2003 @ 2:16am

You don't have to Ax me, you can Ax'im. Go buy Tower Mogul at http://www.esoftinteractive.com/ppc-tm.html its a great game.
10inchAssassin
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Sep 13, 2003 @ 5:10pm

lol. Back on topic, first thing I do is build as many lobbies as possible. then a layer of nothing (grand lobbies later on). another layer for stores. one more layer just to make sure there is no noise. then as many condos as i possibly can. AND: once you built a condo, use the info tool to change the price to 150 000. virts will buy it sooner or later anyway :D
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby TowerArchitect » Jan 30, 2004 @ 1:51am

Here's a site for SimTower that has building strategies and floor maps, they should work in Tower Mogul for the most part. :D

Avatar character: Ulala from Space Channel 5.
TowerArchitect
pm Member

Postby egarayblas » Jan 30, 2004 @ 12:01pm

-- home of the think & tap games!
egarayblas
pm Insider

Postby mlepage » Aug 24, 2004 @ 8:31am

www.scalenesoftware.com
Great games for your Palm and Pocket PC!
mlepage
pm Insider

Return to Tower Mogul

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new tower simulation game.

Moderators:

sponge, AizaDGreat, egarayblas

Forum permissions