This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Registration never arrived

Registration never arrived

Postby Guest » Jan 24, 2006 @ 10:01pm

I paid in full with paypal and never received my key.
you got till high noon tomorrow to provide me my key. after, i will complain to paypal.

Transaction ID: 7H232893JS694330K
Sales Tax: $0.00 USD
Total: $13.95 USD
Item/Product Name: DEXplor File Explorer
Item/Product Number: xA3Wf46mqA
Buyer: david ulrich

daveu3@yahoo.com

dave ulrich

Postby Dan East » Jan 24, 2006 @ 11:38pm

I have not received any emails from you regarding this purchase, so it was assumed you received your key.

You purchased 1/20/2006 16:38 EST, and your key was sent 1/20/2006 17:45 EST. I don't mean to sound smug, but I cannot be responsible for a customer's inability to receive email. When I first started selling DEXplor 5 years ago it was a rare occurrence that a customer would not receive my emails. Since then there have been waves of spam and worms, and now more often than not my emails are blocked - even plain text emails that do not even contain a URL. The worst part is that the recipient does not have any idea an email was sent to them at all. I receive over 100 spam a day on my dex-plor.com account. Most are automatically flagged as spam, but at least I am aware that someone has attempted to email me, and I can quickly scan subjects to make sure none of them are legitimate. Emails with worms also arrive, but the attachments are blocked. Again, at least I know an email was sent.

A client in the United Kingdom that contracted me to do custom software development could not receive any email from me at all. That almost cost me the entire job, which was worth thousands. Fortunately a 3rd party was involved, through which I discovered that they were not receiving my emails (we both assumed the other was simply not responding). We switched to our gmail accounts on both ends and were finally able to communicate.

Dave, I'm lamenting here in general - I'm not directing any of this at you. However it is finally apparent that ISPs, in an overreaction to worms and spam, has made email completely worthless. That is very unfortunate. While I'm lamenting, I remember the days (around 15 years ago) when Usenet was a wonderful place too (and I don't mean for file sharing).

I'll try emailing you through gmail.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dan East » Jan 24, 2006 @ 11:44pm

Actually you did send me an email stating you did not receive the key - 14 minutes after you purchased.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dan East » Jan 26, 2006 @ 8:00pm

I've not received a response to my emails. Have you been able to download your key?

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions