This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Search Function in DEXplor Registry plugin Not Working?

Search Function in DEXplor Registry plugin Not Working?

Postby DaleReeck » Jan 26, 2002 @ 10:22am

Unless I missed something, I cannot get the search function to work in the registry module. The icons for search and search next are there, but they always stay greyed out.

Another thing, does the zip plugin support password-protected zips? I haven't had a chance to test it yet. If not, you should consider adding it.

Also, I already voted, but I'll pimp it here too with my reasons why you should do a map network drive plugin next :)

A map network drive feature is deperately needed. Without it, we still have to use the built in File Explorer in PocketPC 2002 to be able to map network drives. It would be nice to have it all in DEXplor. After all, while image viewers and ftp and such are nice options, every desktop OS that is network aware has a map network drive feature built into it's file explorers. It would make sense that PocketPC would have this common feature too. Not only would we be able to get rid of having to use File Explorer for us PocketPC 2002 users, but PPC 2000 users could also have network drive mapping too. No other app out there has that ability yet for PPC 2000 as they don't even have it in their File Explorer (at least we 2002 users have it). Actually, there was a guy who wrote a file manager with map net drive and started to sell it, but there were licensing issues with some technology in it so he pulled it. Anyway, I would think you would definitely sell more copies of DEXplor if you added the map network drive feature. It's a feature that a lot of people want.

OK, pimp mode off :)
DaleReeck
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Jan 26, 2002 @ 5:48pm

Dan East
Site Admin

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions