This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Building Plug-Ins

Building Plug-Ins

Postby RwGast » Feb 7, 2002 @ 2:31pm

Are you planning on releasing an sdk for DEXplor Dan?
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Feb 7, 2002 @ 4:13pm

Yes, I will eventually release an SDK. There are two main reasons I haven't done so yet; First, the framework is not mature enough to have 3rd party support yet. As I write new plugins, I find I have to add to and tweak the capabilities of the framework. Often that breaks compatibility with previous plugins. I have the luxury of doing that because I am tweaking all the plugins along the way, so its no big deal to require customers to upgrade DEXplor along with the plugin pack. As soon as 3rd party plugins are involved I lose some of that flexibility, because I would have to release a new SDK, the plugin author would have to rebuild and redistribute, and the users would have to find and reinstall that plugin.

The second reason is that I get the luxury of being the sole producer of plugins for a time. I don't want someone to step in and create a plugin that I have already planned for release in the near future.

Once the set of plugins I have planned are complete, then the framework will be matured, and 3rd party plugins will not interfere with my plans, so I will produce an SDK.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby RwGast » Feb 8, 2002 @ 1:14am

Sounds good to me.
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions