This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Bugs in 1.10

Bugs in 1.10

Postby MarkE » Feb 8, 2002 @ 9:54pm

I downloaded DEXplore today. I think the app looks great. Just wanted to post a bug report.

DEXplore v 1.10
Hardware: Jornada 568/64MB RAM - DEXplore loaded to internal memory.

Bug 1: Can't seem to start DEXplore with the PocketPC in the cradle. The application starts, the "Please Register" box pops up. I try clicking on OK, and it freezes the PocketPC. The "Please Register" window never goes away.

Bug 2: Screen Redraw problem using Calligrapher: In Calligrapher, with the toolbar option set to On a small Calligrapher toolbar pops up along the bottom length of the screen when Calligrapher is activated. There is a screen redraw problem in DEXplore when I activate Callipher and then deactivate it. What I mean by deactivate is to tap on the Calligrapher icon on the bottom right, thus turning it off, the same way you would do it for the built-in keyboard input device.

The effect of this is that I have two images of my tree along the left side of the screen in DEXplore. On further investigation it only has this problem when the bottom left-right scroll bar is active, and you scroll the screen to the right to see the date. It doesn't have the problem if you never scroll the screen right.

Bug 3: Not sure about this one, but it seems like a bug. I can tap/select the right scrollbar with no problem. However, when I try to tap the bottom scrollbar, it brings up the PocketPC red tap-and-hold animation. It also does this when trying to select the column headings to move them left or right.

I hope this helps. I'll buy it!!

Mark E.
MarkE

More of the same

Postby MarkE » Feb 8, 2002 @ 10:51pm

Actually, it seems that my problem was not with the cradle freezing the machine. It now seems that it is the symbol 802.11 card.

If I start DEXplore with the 802.11 card in, I can't get past the "Please Register" window, and the machine freezes.

MarkE
MarkE

Postby Dan East » Feb 9, 2002 @ 1:21am

I have several questions regarding the lock-up at startup, the answers to which will help me isolate the point during the startup sequence the problem occurs.

The Unregistered window pops up, but you can't dismiss it? Can you drag it around?

Does the DEXplor splash screen appear (the small, horizontal, orangish window at the very top of the display)?

Does the splash screen disappear before the lockup?

Does the TreeList fill up with files before the lockup?

Does the TreeList update a second time, which displays the the sizes and graphs for Directories?

Regarding Calligrapher; I'm going to install the trial version to see what it's doing. (I can't believe the installer is 7+ MB for that thing!)

I'm not familiar with the red Tap & Hold animation. That may be a new addition for Pocket PC 2002. Does that appear in the middle of the display, or where you tapped, etc?

Thanks!

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Dan East » Feb 9, 2002 @ 2:56am

I have installed Calligrapher, and corrected the problem you reported. When the Calligrapher toolbar is closed it sends the same set of messages to the current application that the rest of the input panels send. However, it then sends out a duplicate set of the same messages with the same parameters. However, with the duplicate set, the order of the messages varies from time to time. That just happened to bring out a problem with DEXplor. I still don't know why Calligrapher sends out the same set of messages twice when its toolbar is closed - that will cause flickering in some apps, since their window is sized and move twice in a row with the same values.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

1.10 bugs

Postby MarkE » Feb 9, 2002 @ 5:09am

Dan,

Ok, here's the info you asked for.

1. No, I can't drag the window around.
2. No, I can't dismiss the window.
3. Yes, the DEXplor splash screen does appear.
4. No, the splash screen never disappears.
5. Yes, the treelist fills up with files.
6. As to whether the treelist updates a second time, I don't believe so. The last couple of times I tried it, even the status clock is frozen.
7. As to the red Tap & Hold animation, yes this is new to PocketPC 2002. It appears where you tap.

Hope this helps.

Mark (mark@pelicansoft.com)
MarkE

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions