This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Suggestion

Suggestion

Postby Will Chose » Dec 13, 2001 @ 11:14am

I really like the look of this program, however at least on the IPAQ 3800 I have noticed it is somewhat slow/flickery.  This seems to be due to the autosize of columns capability, specifically when scrolling the columns are autosized as each new item comes on screen, so the whole screen repaints with each click of the scrollbar.  Would it be possible to simply resize once per directory, to the longest entry for each column, for the entire directory rather than what is currently being displayed?
Will Chose

Re: Suggestion

Postby Jaybot » Dec 13, 2001 @ 12:50pm

hmm, never had that problem, it must be specific to the 38xx series.  as a temporary fix you can turn off the autosizing of the colums in the options :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Re: Suggestion

Postby Dan East » Dec 13, 2001 @ 3:53pm

Are you using the directional pad to scroll? If so, then it is currently a bit choppy using that method. When using the D-Pad, the columns will resize each time the display scrolls.<br>I will be optimizing this type of scrolling, hopefully for inclusion with the 1.1 release.<br><br>If you are using the scroll-bar, then it will only autosize when you release the stylus. So if you hold down on the up/down arrow, then when you release it will size the columns. However, if you like to repetitively tap those arrows, then it will size with every tap.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions