This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Version 1.1

Version 1.1

Postby AlphaWolf » Jan 2, 2002 @ 12:42pm

Just read that you are planning to release version 1.1 in a week or two.<br><br>Can you tell us about some of the planned changes and new features? Any new add-ons?<br><br>Will this be a free upgrade for registered users?<br><br>Thanks,<br>AlphaWolf
AlphaWolf

Re: Version 1.1

Postby Dan East » Jan 2, 2002 @ 4:43pm

Many bug fixes.<br>Multi-file selection enhancements, such as the ability to select all the files in a given directory.<br>Directories now show the amount of space all their sub-items occupy (including a new "visual" indicator :) ).<br>When you pull up the properties for a directory it shows counts of sub-files and sub-dirs, as well as the total bytes.<br>Registry plugin now allows searching.<br>Files within Zips indicate how much they have been compressed.<br>Storage Cards show how much free space remains.<br><br>There are a few more things I'm working on (registry import / export for example), but I don't know if they will make it into the 1.1 release. I am also working to speed up the startup time when you first launch DEXplor.<br>No new plugins will be released with 1.1.<br><br>This will be a free upgrade. I plan on all upgrades being free. There may be a time in the future that I may create an advanced new Plugin, that would typically be sold as a seperate, stand-alone application (image viewer, ftp, etc). I may elect to sell such plugins seperately for a few bucks. But, true to the current DEXplor pricing, it will cost 1/3 of what you would normally pay (compare the cost of DEXplor to any commercial Explorer, Reg Editor and Zip Explorer combined. DEXplor costs less than the typical cost of any 1 of those applications).<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Re: Version 1.1

Postby Jaybot » Jan 5, 2002 @ 5:39am

Dan, I have no clue where you find the time to do all of this, but I think its great that you actually are spending the time to support and improve your product.  Incredible.  Looking forward to the next release. :)
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Return to DEXplor

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this new File Management app by Dan East.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions