This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

I had a little time over so I wrote this...

Re: I had a little time over so I wrote this...

Postby suchiaruzu » Aug 20, 2001 @ 5:41pm

lol, thanks. i want it to look cool, so i wont be able to release before tomorrow. sorry :(. I also have to mess around with that skinning tool. i think i know how it works, but i have to do all the stuff. not that much, as i've finished the graphics, but it's still something
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby nefaulkner » Aug 20, 2001 @ 10:13pm

Shapeshifter that's a very slick skin...reminds me somewhat of Playa's 45 deg. skin for DB in terms of the clean lines. :D  Great work!
nefaulkner
pm Member

Postby jongjungbu » Aug 20, 2001 @ 10:15pm

If u complete your dashboard skin, i might just give up my Win2k look for the PM look. however, is this a prelude to the idea that PM2 will be purple??? ;)
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby jongjungbu » Aug 20, 2001 @ 10:24pm

iloveitiloveiloveit
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Malmer » Aug 20, 2001 @ 10:53pm

An update:<br><br>I've improved the application a lot, and now I actually replace the real system calls such as WM_PAINT etc (I think Dan mentioned something about that beeing very hard to do...lucky I didn't know that before I started). Wasn't that hard to get it working actually. I've also made serveral speed improvements and I have followed your advice to make a special wallpaper for the todaypage. The biggest change though is that I now skin almost all buttons. There is a little bug that makes some buttons in certain dialogs remain the old way. But otherwise they're all skinned. How's that?! This way the whole interface will be skin-able at a very low performance cost. The only thing that really takes any performance worth mentioning is the wallpaper. But in the future I'll have a setup thingie where you can select what areas that should be skinned.<br><br>Here is the complete changes list.<br><br>* Faster, more integrated into the OS<br>* Wallpaper is added to real listviews and treepanes. Not just any white area like before. Looked pretty weird in applications like MS Reader and PocketIE.<br>* All buttons (almost) are skinned. Yup, that means no more boring gray two colored buttons.<br>* Special wallpaper for the today screen<br>* Wallpapers aren't visible through menus anymore<br>* Ink isn't overdrawn<br>* Skinion isn't visible in the Wisbar close list. Run Skinion again to close it.<br>* Skinion uses almost no overhead at all while doing things it doesn't affect, such as playing a game (Argentum runs without no speed loss)<br>* Many bugfixes<br>* Some new bugs ;)<br><br>I've updated the old screenshots, but here they are again:<br><br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br><br>Skinning instructions for buttons etc are included in the zip file which is available .<br><br>Be well.<br><br>Fredrik.<br><br>PS. As for StarDock beeing slow. Yes they've been very slow. Have no idea why it is taken them so long. One of the reasons I wrote this thing... DS.<br><br><br><br>
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Aug 20, 2001 @ 11:28pm

I've put up a Skinion homepage now. Just for the fun of it...Man I like that modular design I made. Makes it so easy to write a new page. <br><br><br><br>Fredrik.<br><br>PS. Now I'm waiting for Chris to offer me a forum for it...*hehe*. DS.
Malmer
pm Member

Dont forget about us...!

Postby rpm6000 » Aug 21, 2001 @ 5:54am

Fredrik, what about us MIPS customers?<br><br>Please, I'm begging you....<br><br>I'd pay good money for this kind of quality skining app... the screen shots are almost unbelievable!
rpm6000

Postby kang hyo jin » Aug 21, 2001 @ 9:03am

kang hyo jin

Postby suchiaruzu » Aug 21, 2001 @ 10:09am

<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Dan East » Aug 21, 2001 @ 10:43am

Dan East
Site Admin

Problems problems problems

Postby Jeff » Aug 21, 2001 @ 2:19pm

Jeff

Postby Malmer » Aug 21, 2001 @ 5:57pm

Malmer
pm Member

Postby jongjungbu » Aug 21, 2001 @ 7:50pm

jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Moose or Chuck » Aug 21, 2001 @ 7:51pm

here is my submission to the loser ass dashboard skin files.<br>Image<br><br>I need to figure out better colors for the text. What do u think?
Moose or Chuck

Postby jongjungbu » Aug 21, 2001 @ 8:03pm

jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

PreviousNext

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

A discussion forum for mobile device developers on the Windows Mobile platform. Any platform specific topics are welcome.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Digby, David Horn, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions