This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

noob question regarding OpenGL integration

noob question regarding OpenGL integration

Postby laughingkiwi » Jun 20, 2010 @ 3:27am

OK, I over a day trying to figure out what is going on, and it is better that I ask the question since there is so little information regarding this topic in the documentation...

I have a PPC application that I thought I would try OpenGL with. Added the #define EGL_USEGL and now I get unresolved symbols during linking, mainly to do with EdgeGL_xxx functions. Where is the .lib file for these functions for the PPC platform?

I have linked in plugin1-0.lib, but now get different unresolved symbols, this time to with __imp_eglxxx (__imp_eglChooseConfig is first plus the EdgeGL_ functions) functions. Where is the .lib file for these functions? Does the plugin1-0 imply that it only supports OpenGL 1.0?

I have downloaded the PowerVR SDK for OpenGLES 2.0 for Windows Mobile 6.0 (my device supports this as I have other OpenGLES 2.0 applications running, including one that shows the OpenGL configuration which clearly states that OpenGLES 2.0 is supported). I have linked in libegl.lib but get less errors (__imp_glBindTexture is first plus all the EdgeGL_ functions). Should I use the SDK for OpenGLES 1.x?

If I link in libglesv2.lib, then __imp_gl symbols are resolved, but the EdgeGL_xxx symbols are still not resolving.

I notice that on the PC platform, Edge has a pluginpowervr.lib file that can be used. Is there an equivalent I should be using for PPC?

And the final question, since the application is pure 2D, will there actually be any benefit in using OpenGL, or should I simply stick with the software renderer?

Cheers
Paul
laughingkiwi
pm Member

Re: noob question regarding OpenGL integration

Postby laughingkiwi » Jun 20, 2010 @ 3:41am

I have downloaded the PowerVR SDK for OpenGLES 1.1, installed, changed the linker paths and lib files. I am now linking in the following files:
* plugin1-0.lib
* libegl.lib
* liblges_cm.lib

And everything resolves quite nicely. Will Edge be supporting OpenGLES 2.0 on mobile devices in the near future?

Cheers
laughingkiwi
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions