This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

MS3D Looping Animation Problem

MS3D Looping Animation Problem

Postby Quicksilver01uk » Feb 26, 2011 @ 12:39am

Hi,

I'm having a problem with animations that are being played in Edgelib using MS3D models.

They load and play ok, but at the end of the animation, rather than looping they pause for around 10 seconds before starting the animation again.

I've read on a few forums relating to MS3D that it could be a change in framerate between the model and the engine. I'm running the models at 24fps and the time for Edgelib (timedelta?) is set to 1000 which I think is the default?

Is there a calculation formula to work out what the frame rate should be to match the engine or vice verse?
Quicksilver01uk
pm Member

Re: MS3D Looping Animation Problem

Postby edge » Apr 29, 2011 @ 9:16am

Hi Quicksilver,

The problem might be caused because of a mismatching FPS setting (this should probably be set to 25). Also, could it be possible you have additional (duplicate) frames in your MS3D animation?

Wouter
EDGELIB: Cross-platform mobile development at your fingertips
http://www.edgelib.com
edge
pm Member

Return to EDGELIB

Sort

Forum Description

Powerful and affordable C++ middleware solution covering true multi-platform 2D, 3D and network features for Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, UIQ, Linux and Windows desktop.

Moderator:

edge

Forum permissions