This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

AliCE died

AliCE died

Postby Moose or Chuck » Sep 7, 2001 @ 6:53pm

Moose or Chuck

Re: AliCE died

Postby Moose or Chuck » Sep 7, 2001 @ 6:54pm

Moose or Chuck

Postby Phantom » Sep 7, 2001 @ 7:07pm

Give me some good data and
I will give you the world
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Sep 7, 2001 @ 7:29pm

1. CASIO E-125 MIPS @ 180MHz<br>2. 21.33MB Program / 4.62MB Storage<br>3. Yes<br>4. Yes, quite a few .txt files<br><br>Oh, and no matter what I do, it will not install on my Storage Card through ActiveSync (3.1).<br><br>And yes, the iPaq uses a landscape type screening address, whereas the Casio does not. [EDIT] But you already knew that, because it's in your EasyCE routines. :(
Moose or Chuck

Postby Phantom » Sep 8, 2001 @ 3:18am

I know the iPaq uses a landscape layout internally; problem is, does GAPI return the address of the lower left corner when you call GXBeginDraw, or the upper left corner? I believe I read somewhere once that GAPI *always* returns the upper left corner, and that would mean that the frame buffer on the iPaq actually starts 320 pixels before that. I don't take that into account with EasyCE.
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby Digby » Sep 8, 2001 @ 3:59am

Yep, GXBeginDraw returns the address for pixel (0,0) in portrait orientation.  The start of the actual frame buffer is:<br><br>WORD *pwScnBuf = (WORD*)GXBeginDraw() - 319;<br><br>
Digby
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Sep 8, 2001 @ 10:30am

So, will it work on my E-125 yet or not?
Moose or Chuck

Postby Phantom » Sep 8, 2001 @ 12:46pm

Moose,<br><br>Ehm, this will only improve EasyCE apps on iPaq. The E125 has an internal buffer that is oriented like you expect (portrait), so this tip will not help to fix the E-125 version. Does anyone have an E-125 with a USB cable for debugging? I have absolutely no clue why AliCE wouldn't work on the E-125.<br><br>Digby: Thanks a lot for the info. EasyCE will be updated. New EasyCE sources will be posted with the sources for spritesunlimited somewhere next week.<br><br>- Jacco.
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby RICoder » Sep 8, 2001 @ 4:35pm

Interesting little app.  You used eVC++ I assume.  See, now we need to get someone with too much time on their hands to port Prolog to CE, then I will be happy.  If that happens, then you can right some real AI stuff...<br><br>Probably won't happen though...and I'm not doing it.
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/RICoder.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">RICoder</iframe>
RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby Phantom » Sep 8, 2001 @ 4:49pm

Is Prolog still being used for AI? Alice (not mine, but the original) won last years Loebner contest, and it's written in Java.
Phantom
pm Insider

Postby RICoder » Sep 8, 2001 @ 9:51pm

Dude, Prolog is not only still alive, but is now OO AND COM+ compliant.  I use it in Expert System development.  Definately worth the effort to learn for ALL programmers, teaches you new ways of looking at things...ya know?
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/RICoder.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">RICoder</iframe>
RICoder
FOX News Correspondent

Postby eminefes » Sep 9, 2001 @ 10:24pm

Damn, the same problem happens on my EM-500.  The error comes up and the taskbar disappears (I'm also using Wisbar).  I was looking forward to playing it too :(
eminefes

Postby Moose or Chuck » Sep 10, 2001 @ 6:10pm

i've got an E-125 and usb cable, but i'm not to adept at VC++ but if you want straight VC++ Debugging i may be able to tell you wtf is wrong :)
Moose or Chuck

Return to Phantom's Forum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss any of Phantom's projects here (Operation Nutcracker, etc.)

Moderators:

sponge, RICoder, Phantom

Forum permissions